Sign in to follow this  
Turboprop21

Anyone from Springfield?

No help here but I have a question that's somewhat off topic. Noticed you said your dreading the FID transfer, I might be moving this summer, sadly in NJ still, since my address will be different I have to apply for a whole new FID or can they just change the address?

You will have to reapply using the same initial process in your new town however this time check off change of address on the top of the form. As mentioned by another member don't relinquish your current FID. When I bought my current house it was still in the same town as my previous house however I still had to submit a new forms ST-033 & SP-66.

The reference letters also went out as normal. The clerk punched a hole in my FID and said it's no longer valid until the process for my new one was done.

Springfield is a nice town, and is surrounded by other nice towns.    Mountainside, Westfield, Cranford, Summit, Millburn.    I'm a real estate lawyer in Westfield.   Feel free to shoot me a message if you want more details or if you need a referral to a good realtor.