Samdjr74

Anyone own a Chiappa Rhino?

I don't own one but have shot a friend's.

They are a neat concept. The recoil pulse is truly different and the marketing hype seems fairly true. The gun comes more "back" than "up". That said the reason I don't plan to own one is because I use the same hold (thumbs forward) on all my guns. On my other revos, because of the grip angle, my thumb never crosses the cylinder face. On the Rhino, it does. That, combined with the bottom cylinder being the one that pops off, makes for a sore thumb. Thankfully it was just 38's and not mags.

Again, nice guns that work as advertised. Just not for me.

C

I've got the 2" snubby version . I like shooting it alot, .357 is unbelievably comfortable to shoot.That said, I did have to return it to Chiappa for repair when the action locked up with a live round chambered.They said it was a known issue and the fix is supposed to eliminate it. They were easy to deal with and the turn around was quick.

Thanks all, great info here.

I think the look of the gun has me intrigued more then anything else but if I get all 3 permits I might swap out the idea on a Mark III for another revolver and this is on the list to try.

I shot one at CJ 357 ammo,  shoots straight back into your wrist almost no muzzle flip.. takes some time getting use too.

Was a NJGF members revolver that i met up with after a USPSA match..

Nice, that's one think I really like about it, little to no muzzle flap. And because I only ever shoot a revolver I usually do a tea cup hold so I should be ok with the angle of the grip and not blowing my thumb off.

The price on the other hand is up there, ouch but again I really want to give one a try

Going to resuscitate this thread!  Just put in for permits and my PD is usually pretty punctual getting them back to me.  So I've been looking into a few different options and the Chiappa White Rhino has peaked my interest.  40DS or 50DS in .357.

Biggest problem I am having is finding one that I can fondle.  I've called most all of LGS's and checked inventories online and no-one in central jersey seems to have one.  I feel like I've called everyone from Shoreshot to RTSP with no luck.

Really don't want to drop a G note on gun broker without even holding the thing.

Any help appreciated.

Going to resuscitate this thread!  Just put in for permits and my PD is usually pretty punctual getting them back to me.  So I've been looking into a few different options and the Chiappa White Rhino has peaked my interest.  40DS or 50DS in .357.

Biggest problem I am having is finding one that I can fondle.  I've called most all of LGS's and checked inventories online and no-one in central jersey seems to have one.  I feel like I've called everyone from Shoreshot to RTSP with no luck.

Really don't want to drop a G note on gun broker without even holding the thing.

Any help appreciated.

I ended up buying the 50DS in .357 and the only complaint I had was the stock grip was too small for my hand. I bought the larger grip and love the gun. If you're looking to shoot one I know RTSP has one in their rental case. Depending on where you are I can meet you at RTSP one day and you're more than welcome to give mine a try. Below is a picture of mine with the smaller stock grip.

Picture%201232_zpsqvqlt40u.jpg

Congrats man.  The grip does look a little small and I have slightly larger than average hands too.  What aftermarket grip did you end up getting?  I appreciate the offer. But RTSP is a hike and a half for me.  Congrats looks sweet.  Looking for something a little closer to the Old Bridge area.  

I

Cabela's have one? Or any larger store in PA.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

Im sure they do. But I'm not driving 2.5 hours to find out and then Id still have to have it shipped to NJ FFL.  At that point I might as well ship one in from gun broker.  

Congrats man.  The grip does look a little small and I have slightly larger than average hands too.  What aftermarket grip did you end up getting?  I appreciate the offer. But RTSP is a hike and a half for me.  Congrats looks sweet.  Looking for something a little closer to the Old Bridge area.

Well if you ever make it up here the offer is always open.

The new grip is made by Chiappa, I never found an aftermarket but the new grip cost me $45 and it's made out of olive wood so it's a pretty nice grip and feels great.I think you can even order the gun with the larger grip so that's nice, I just thought the medium grip it came with was good enough until I tried the larger one.