Sign in to follow this  
Melgamatic

Shot an H&K VP9 yesterday

I was at Gun For Hire waiting for NICS to pickup a gun, and rented an H&K VP9 to pass the time.  I shot about 150 rounds, and the handgun is fantastic!  Feels great in my hands, ergonomics just like my H&K HK45, and I shot it very well.

29 days until I get another handgun, and it's going to be a VP9!

I'm glad to hear that. I have an LE version sitting in my FFL's safe and I'm waiting on permits. I haven't shot it yet, but it does fit my hands well too as you describe. And I didn't make any adjustments with the different strap setups.

I own a VP9 LE, PPQ M2 and M&P9c with aluminum Apex trigger and action enhancement kit.  

In my opinion, the Apex had the best trigger pull and reset.  It better be, because its an additional $160!  The PPQ has a nicer stock trigger than the VP9.  But, I like the grip on the VP9 better than PPQ and M&P9c.

And my VP9 shoots 5-6" to the left at 25 yds from factory.  I just bought a sight-pusher to fix the issue. 

Knowing then what I know now, not sure if I would buy the VP9 again.  Just my two cents. 

I was thinking about using my last permit for the vp9 but I felt it was to close to the walther ppq m2 I already have, so I went with the CZ 75 B/D

I was just at the local gun shop today and asked to check out the VP9 yet again. The grip is really close to the P30, which I like. I feel like the asymmetrical slide release controls are too far recessed for me to easily activate. I could really use a bigger ledge on them, at least on the right hand side (I am a lefty). The P30 has a very generous ledge on its symmetrical slide release levers, and that makes it easy to activate. I know some folks don't like how long they are because they accidentally hit it with a high thumbs grip.  It doesn't bother me though. For me, the VP9's marginally better trigger over the P30 Light LEM doesn't make this gun a "must have". If I didn't own either, I would still choose the P30 (especially with the $200 rebate).