Roffi

Banning certain semi autio shotguns this year

Significant to me are:

• Semi auto shotguns with a detachable magazine now become assault firearms with no provision to comply.   Once this passes, you're a felon and you have no grace period to alter, sell, turn in, or otherwise comply with the law.  you're stuck as a felon with no way out.
  • FID card now becomes invalid 30 days after you move, change your name, or change your sex.   The problem is that NJ's PD's rarely issue a new FID in 30 days.
  • This will re-adopt the definition of "justifiable need" to get a NJ ccw.  The last time this was adopted in 2007, there was no Heller or McDonald decision.  Now that we have those decisions, the definition off justifiable need is clearly illegal now.
  • Another change codifies the practice of NJ NICS being closed on holidays and Sundays.  This practice causes economic harm to NJ dealers who lose business to NY, PA, and DE who's NICS are open 7 days a week and on holidays.

there's more that might matter to you.

I'd like to add the apparent 'out" that issuing agencies will use to legalize the extra paperwork/ requirements needed in the FPID/PP app process. Discussed briefly in this thread post, #10

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/74401-anjrpc-strikeforce-update/

the extra forms is a gateway to may issue FIDs

what to say they wont ask for your credit report, your tax return, etc.........

I agree. You already have PDs that blatantly don't follow the 30 day rule and have guys waiting months and years (thankfully my township trusts it's honest citizens ...I cannot imagine the level of frustration that would cause). Good luck getting an FID/PP in those towns if they are then given the right TO delay the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to point out that this is a rules change, and not a law change. It will affect what dealers can transfer. Possession of already owned shotguns and FTF sales do not change.

I would like to point out that this is a rules change, and not a law change. It will affect what dealers can transfer. Possession of already owned shotguns and FTF sales do not change.

If that is true, why do the "5 evil features" rules, which are only found in the administrative code, affect what we can own and not just what a dealer can transfer?

how do you figure.  it changes the definition of an assault weapon.  if you get pulled over, and the cop thinks your stock saiga 12 is an assault weapon, where do you both go to look to prove who is right?

If that is true, why do the "5 evil features" rules, which are only found in the administrative code, affect what we can own and not just what a dealer can transfer?

how do you figure.  it changes the definition of an assault weapon.  if you get pulled over, and the cop thinks your stock saiga 12 is an assault weapon, where do you both go to look to prove who is right?

Hasn't the NJAG already define what is "substantially identical" in the lawsuit by Colt and Springfield Armory, hence placing the definition within the administrative code. Precedent has been set.