Meissama

stoeger M series longevity?

I have been getting deep into sporting clay games but as of now all I have is my benelli nova which I love dearly but doing 2 birds at once is real tough with a pump. I wish to move into a semi and I've always been a benelli nerd so I have had my eyes set on the m2 field but I know the stoeger ms are based around the intera system though its slightly different. Curious to know what kind of use and longevity people are getting out of their stoegers because I'd enjoy getting into a cheaper semi first then maybe moving into a benelli later on. Thanks.

Like in many things, the answer is always "What is your budget?".  If you are going to be shooting a few weekends a year, the I am sure the Stoeger is a good economical choice. If, on the other hand, you will be putting thousands of rounds a year through your shotgun, then Stoeger is not your best choice. I am sure fanboys will come out of the woodwork saying how theirs have been flawless, but...

There is a reason the B-guns (Beretta and Browning, and Benelli to a much lesser extent) rule the game. They are built to be able to put tens of thousands of rounds a year and keep rolling. A Stoeger is much more likely to choke before any of the other guns will. One good thing about shotguns is that there are often good deals on used ones, and most of them have tons of life left in them. Take a look at the Beretta 300 series autoloaders. If you want a classic break open gun, then the Beretta Silver Pigeon is under 2K new and is a lot of shotgun for that cost. Used they can be found in the $1000-1200 range. I am less familiar with the Browning Citori options, but there are a ton. Make sure to shoulder both. They feel very different and people are usually partial to one or the other. I always liked the slimmer feel of the Beretta. 

Yeah I've kept an eye on the a300s and the xtremas from Beretta too. My budget ATM is relatively low not so much due to finances but more so not wanting to drop large funds into something that I may become dissatisfied with and just be another hobby that I just let myself be suckered into if u know what I mean. I have a friend who has a silver pigeon, I really like it, but again don't want to drop 2kish on something I may put down a year or later or so. A crummy habit but I know I've done it in the past.

I know a lot of 3gunners have been buying m3000's lately and they are notoriously hard on their guns. I'm probably going to get one myself this year.  So far they are holding up pretty well from what I see.

Oh and for Beretta and Benelli owning the place .. You do know that Beretta owns Benelli right? And you do know that Benelli owns Stoeger?

Oh and for Beretta and Benelli owning the place .. You do know that Beretta owns Benelli right? And you do know that Benelli owns Stoeger?

Not sure Of the point. Freedom Group owns a bunch of firearms companies, but that doesn't make a Marlin rifle the same thing as a Remington. Nor is a Volkswagen the same thing as an Audi.

Actually yeah it kinda does seeing how Marlin quality has been in the same shitter as Remington's since they got bought out FG, and VW and Audi share platforms and engines.

The point I was making is that there the Beretta people are getting close to pretty much own semi-auto market, seeing how Remington quality is what it is and Mossberg hasn't really taken over the world.  The M3000's I handled are actually kinda nice, not Benelli levels of fit and finish, but built like tanks which isn't a bad thing. As I'm seeing Stoeger sponsor shooters and trying to make competition specific models, I get the feeling that Beretta REALLY wants to own the entire market, from high end to low end, which could be bad, but it also means that they have an interest in making the low end guns work.

I know some folks who duck/goose hunt with the Stoeger and find it a robust gun. Maybe not as finely finished as some of the B-guns, but an economical compromise. It's no surprise that a good volume and variety of quality shotguns are made today in Italy, Belgium, Japan and Turkey.

A lot has changed over the years with Stoeger.
http://www.stoeger.com.tr/eng//sayfam/1764/Firma.htm%20m1=131&m2=269&m3=0&m4=0

I remember when Stoeger was located in Hackensack, NJ. Went there once in '69 with my dad to pick up my uncle's Bernardelli Premier Gamecock that was doubling; which they repaired. Different times for sure back then.

I know nothing about Mossberg semi-auto's, although Mossberg has high hopes the Duck Commander and his kin can work some more interest and more sales for their semi-auto & pump shotgun line this year.

Remington just introduced a new semi-auto shotgun for this year.
http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gun-shots/gun-lab-remington-v3-shotgun

Don't count out the Franchi Affinity & Intensity as a semi-auto option. Made in Benelli's Urbino plant, the Franchi falls under the Benelli/Beretta umbrella and appears to be a step-up in quality from the Stoeger.  

Lots of options to be had in the semi-auto 12 ga. field.