Sign in to follow this  
Junior

S.P.-66 Form Updated 1/12/15

Filling out paperwork for a new batch of P2P and noticed that the SP-66 form has been updated. Looking at it briefly it looks like some wording has been change, but cant see much other differences.

Just wanted to make people aware so their paperwork doesn't get delayed by using an outdated form they may have save on their PC so they could just print out and go like i do...

NJ State Police firearms forms

http://njsp.org/info/forms.html#firearms

SP-66 (Rev01-15)

http://njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/sp-066.pdf

The Mental Health records check is written into law and the administrative code. I attached a prior form to compare each.

attachicon.gifSP66_0115.pdfattachicon.gifSP66_0894.pdf

If the law requires this form for a P2P then why am I not asked for it for P2Ps in my town???

anyone have any feedback as to why they want you to admit to an expungment when the reason for an expungment is that there never was anything.     this seems to be another one of those NJ "catch" questions forcing you to violate your 5th amendment right.   

Perhaps it's a naive reading but it seems all that this would show is that a record was expunged, but not what the record originally was. If a town attempted to deny based on the fact that there was a previously expunged record they would be opening themselves up to an immediate legal challenge.