Scorpio64

Rumors of a New Gun Range in Eatontown

The Range at the Former Fort Monmouth is Moving Forward.  There is a lot of red tape to deal with in former Military property re development. As stated earlier we know the folks involved well and its going to be a top notch place.

Omri

From what I'm being told Kyle is buying the property and talks of the original range with a new range being added for a total of two. One will be open to the public and one will be a private range. talks of a rifle range also. We should start hearing more info in up coming months once FMERA owns the property and they can put pen paper. like howell guns works stated, a lot of red tape due to the army owning the buildings and FMERA can't sell the properties till they own the properties.

The Range at the Former Fort Monmouth is Moving Forward.  There is a lot of red tape to deal with in former Military property re development. As stated earlier we know the folks involved well and its going to be a top notch place.

Omri

Funny thing about red tape.  It seems to be very easy to cut through when the gov't of NJ wants to house homeless and loonies but try and open a public range where there is already a range and the tape seems to be endless and uncuttable.

• Like 1

Funny thing about red tape.  It seems to be very easy to cut through when the gov't of NJ wants to house homeless and loonies but try and open a public range where there is already a range and the tape seems to be endless and uncuttable.

Seeing that Monmouth County taxpayers are on the hook for any missed payments thanks to the Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders (the lone exception was Freeholder John P. Curley) we better get a range.  :girlumbrage:

The only news I have came a few months ago.  Basically, an MD I know belongs to the same country club as Keilly.  Keilly told him about the range and said he was doing it, would take a couple years to open.  Ridiculous red tape dealing with the state since they took over the land, basically stealing it from Eatontown, Tinton Falls and Oceanport. But that's another story.

It's coming..... eventually.

Does anyone know the latest on this range? I live in Tinton Falls and it would literally take me 10 minutes. Is the location near to where that fort gas station was on Hope Rd but closer to the tracks?

EDIT: We took a drive through there today.  There's new homes going up in that area south of that long AASKI Technology, building  but a little closer to Hope Rd. Does not sound encouraging.^_^

Still trying to figure out which building the range was located.