Sign in to follow this  
Ramup422

good article on NJ Justifiable need written by Daniel Spafford

Daniel Spafford is a Rutgers law school 3L and is slated to become a lawyer in the Spring of 2015. You can read his article in its entirety at www.justifiableneed.com under the "opinions" tab.

It talks about the Shaneen Allen case, the Brian Aitken case and the fight of Albert Almeida that is fighting for carry rights of all in NJ.

This article was written by my friend Seth Augenstein at nj.com, but good on Spafford for reposting it.

Readers have to go to the OPINIONS Tab, click on it, and click on "Racist Intentions" to get Daniel's writings.

Thanks everyone for getting interested in this.  Albert can't be the ONLY one of us who wants to carry and is TIRED of the double standard of "Justifiable Need"!

Dave

Somehow we need to get the word out that concealed carry is not about guns, but about the basic human right to be able to defend ourselves against the predators in our society.  How dare they (the State of New Jersey) continue to use tricks of language to deny us the ability to protect ourselves and our loved ones!

I sure hope i'm not the only one wanting our rights respected in NJ..I come across many that want to fight for it, but I also come across a lot more that gave up or just don't think its possible.

Do you know it took 10 years for Otis to make Illinois fall, and the whole time he had the "Chicago machine" fighting hard against him?

We can and we will do it...join us

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By SMOKIE901
      Can anyone who has a FLORIDA Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit explain the details on how it is done to obtain?
    • By ChrisJM981
      Watch for progress on the Rogers & ANJRPC CCW case vs NJ AG, et al. 
      This was listed in another thread, but I thought it will need it's own space to avoid hijacking Rosey's CNJFO thread. 

https://certpool.com/dockets/18-824?fbclid=IwAR2GBSTRnMnR15m914PMdkd7IYl3vrwjPPAXmw-Mt2Pgz1todMU5Gcc17cY

What are your thoughts? I think we're going to Washington!
    • By stuckinNJ
      https://www.nraila.org/articles/20171201/us-house-of-representatives-to-vote-on-hr-38-the-concealed-carry-reciprocity-act-next-week

please take 60 seconds to call your reps, BOTH Republicans and Dems, urging their support. It seriously takes seconds. 
      No excuses
    • By Smokin .50
      Story should hit the newsstands in this Sunday's paper.  Gave the reporter a 50 minute interview this afternoon on all sorts of EFF'd-Up NJ gun laws, justifiable need & how being KIDNAPPED TWICE by the same Biker Gang wasn't justifiable ENOUGH, Dustin Friedlander (Short Hills Mall), Carol Bowne DV homicide & how she'd be lookin' at 3.5-7 if she had a loaded gun with her in the SUV when her Ex stabbed her, Shaneen Allen arrest w/ permitted hand gun over the boarder, PTI, mandatory minimums, and how even cops have to get a P2P for their off duty gun(s)!  Enough STUPID to fill an entire story by itself.  I hope I'm treated fairly, as I was assured I would be.  I also hope I spoke up well for all of us here on the forum that want to see real changes for the better when it comes to NJ gun laws!
      Rosey
    • By fslater
      Hi Everyone
      I just Read the article in the Political report in Shooting Illustrated about The July ruling By the US Court Of Appeals that found DC's "good reason" to be granted a CCW unconstitutional. Wouldn't the conflicting rulings between the DC Federal Court and the Jersey District Federal court force the SCOUS to a hearing to resolve the conflict? This is old news from back in July I'm just hearing about now. If its already been discussed  please direct me to the thread.
      Thanks
    • Think so? Check your property card. My mother's house hadn't changed since it was built in 1952. But back in the 2oth century when the property taxes were skyrocketing, I went to look at the property card in the assessors office. Among other nonexistent features I found on it was a finished basement and two extra baths. Even better, the office manager tried to tell me that the arithmetic on the card (based on the features listed) that resulted perfectly in the property tax total, had NOTHING TO DO with the tax levied. The last assessment they did on our current home was all wrong. Fortunately I had the blueprints for the house and corrected all the mistakes in the assessor's measurements.
    • You're forgetting that we're much lazier now. Those lances were really heavy. If someone can't use a gun, it's hard to imagine them bothering to fight at all.
    • In Toms River the Assessor comes around around every ten years, And its pretty funny that they schedule it when the property values are high. My taxes went up almost a thousand dollars the last time the assessor came around.
    • My township sent out notices that they are dispatching "assessors" to do exterior and interior inspections on all properties.  We have had an assessor in our home probably three times since we've owned this property. What I found interesting is that the word TAX is not mentioned once in the letter, which leads me to believe the inspection is a little more broader than what the letter suggests.  Like they left out the word tax for a very specific reason. Refusal of the interior inspection is allowed (pfft, allowed) and we plan on doing exactly that.  It's the same freaking house it was when we bought it 28 years ago. Just wondering, without getting political in the GD section, how often does your town or borough inspect the interior of your home?