tj462nj

New (Old) Range

Congrats on the acquisition of a range/shop. I will definitely be intersted in the membership once you figure all of that info out. It's awesome that we will have a great owner that stands behind his word. Looking forward to the grand opening as well. Keep us NJGF guys posted

Nic

Sweet!  Now you'll be even closer.  I actually pulled into the parking lot yesterday to see if there was anything on the door.  I saw the sign and was intrigued.  Now I know that TJ will be a partner I am in 100%.  Can't wait for the grand opening.  I'll start saving again to make sure I have some cash to spend when the licenses come it.

Congrats and good luck.

I know that for many people, myself included, this cannot come some enough! But hopefully you will take as much time as necessary to clean up that filthy, disgusting old store & to renovate the equally broken down range that seemed to fall into a very bad state of disrepair. The exhaust system in the range seemed to be totally non existent the last few times I went there, including once in the summer, when it must have been over 90 degrees in there. Whenever you do get you FFL & NJ Retail firearms licenses, I am also hoping that your inventory will be more than just a showroom full of empty display cases, with 1 or 2 dirty old & used pistols. I am looking forward to your opening of the range, & then the gun shop. Thank you.

Again, my partners and myself would like to thank everyone for their support. We have a website up & running, it can be check for updates on whats happening, it is www.GardenStateShootingCenter.com

Edited by Krdshrk
Made link clickable

Holy crap am I late to the party. Huge huge congratulations to you and your partners Tony!!! This is extremely exciting news and I can't freaking wait to see and shoot at the new location. Couldn't be happier with the new ownership.

update as of 2/12/15: TJ Sporting Arms & Garden State Shooting Center

The NJ Department of the Treasury has released to us some of the firearms inventory of the company previously doing business as Brick Armory (“BA”). During this transaction, a number of these firearms have generated many discussions with former customers, the former owner, and various government agencies that need to be addressed.

I’d like to begin with a quick disclaimer. No part of this transaction includes acceptance of any liability on the part of GSSC for any liabilities incurred by Brick Armory or any of its owners, officers or personnel, or for any prior transactions..

We understand that some of these firearms may be the property of former customers due to various types of incomplete transactions between these customers and Brick Armory. As a gesture of good will, GSSC will assist in returning as many of these firearms as possible.

The following is the situation as of February 12, 2015 and is subject to change at any time.

To expedite this process, it also gets slightly more difficult. As most of you know, firearms sales is a heavily regulated business requiring licenses from both the state and federal government. Until GSSC receives its appropriate licenses, my partner, Tony Altieri of TJ Sporting Arms (“TJ”, a NJ licensed dealer) will be acting as our agent in these transactions.

There are many different and difficult situations to address, so please bear with us. Records provided to us for most of these transactions range from minimal to non-existent. The NJ State Police (NJSP) have provided guidelines of the legal requirements of certain transfers and they may cause delays and expense to some beyond our control.

I’ll start with one of the most difficult and unfortunate types of transactions. If you paid a deposit to BA for the special order of any item, we probably can’t help. We can only suggest you obtain legal advice as to your recourse against the former business.

Gunsmith/Repairs: We expect these to be the easiest. These items were received by BA and logged into a special book allowing relatively simple return. NJSP requires us to obtain proof of ownership for any items left for repair and they may then be returned. Appropriate forms will need to be completed.

All other firearms received by a dealer are entered into a log book required by the federal government. Once in this book, they are considered the inventory of the dealer. There are no notations in this log as to the reason they were received.

There are at least 3 other types of transactions…

• Transfers: You used BA as your dealer for firearms purchased from out of state.

• Consignment: You provided a firearm to BA for consignment sale and have not received any compensation for the transaction.

• Incomplete purchase: These are firearms you purchased from BA, paid in full, was retained in BA inventory, and was clearly marked as being sold to you. Typically being held by BA until the purchaser obtained the proper permits.

We will require as much documentation as possible. Receipts, invoices, bills of sale, or anything else that will assist in determining true ownership. All approved deliveries will require a NICS check at your expense. Handgun deliveries will also require you to provide a current/valid NJ Pistol Purchase Permit. This is a new transaction and requires all new paperwork to be completed.

PLEASE: So we may document each case and resolve as many as possible in a timely manner please email questions, information and copies of all documents to [email protected]. We will process each request in as timely a manner as possible. We ask that you do not contact Tony directly by phone until he contacts you.

We hope that everyone understands that this is a challenging situation and will be time consuming for all of us. We also look forward to meeting every one of you and hope that you will visit the new Garden State Shooting Center in the future.

Garden State Shooting Center and TJ Sporting Arms are providing this service on a best effort basis and are working within the parameters given to us by certain authorities. We cannot make any guaranty or promise that every firearm will be able to be returned. The inventory received by us does not include every item from Brick Armory. Incomplete documentation or other factors beyond our control may also prevent returning an item. If we are unable to return an item you believe to be rightfully yours, we can only suggest you obtain legal advice as to your recourse against the business with which you entered the transaction.

Anyway to sign up and pay without PayPal?

Cash? Card in person?

our website is now accepting memberships, check out the pre-opening deals & special offer to former Brick Armory members.

http://www.gardenstateshootingcenter.com/

you can pay with cash, let me know & I can make that arrangement. We are in the process of setting up merchant acct for cc

Thanks for letting me know, I will PM you.

I just don't like entering/giving out my CC to third party sites