tj462nj

New (Old) Range

I wish you guys the best !

However, I know it was Phil & not your problem or doing but I had 10 months left on my brick armory membership not to mention just recently got my firearms back ........ I heard if old members rejoined some time would be added but It left a bad taste to have to spend hundreds again....

I wish you guys the best !

However, I know it was Phil & not your problem or doing but I had 10 months left on my brick armory membership not to mention just recently got my firearms back ........ I heard if old members rejoined some time would be added but It left a bad taste to have to spend hundreds again....

That is correct. From the Garden State Shooting Center website:

Special Offer for former members of Brick Armory!

Garden State Shooting Center would like to welcome members of

the former Brick Armory which ceased operation on August 1, 2014.

Purchase any regular price membership and it will be extended by 50% of the time remaining*

on your old membership as of their closing.

May not be combined with any other offer or discount.

This limited time offer will expire 30 days after the grand opening of the Garden State Shooting Center.

* Limited to 6 additional months.

GSSC has nothing to do with Brick Armory. Personally I think it's awesome that they are willing to give former members that Phil screwed over a chance to get something for their money.

Garden State has nothing to do with brick armory. New owners, new people, new look and an attitude that the customer always comes first. That says a lot to me.

GSSC has nothing to do with Brick Armory. Personally I think it's awesome that they are willing to give former members that Phil screwed over a chance to get something for their money.

Garden State has nothing to do with brick armory. New owners, new people, new look and an attitude that the customer always comes first. That says a lot to me.

I plan on joining, However where's the courtesy when you get charged $50.00 for it.  ???

http://www.gardenstateshootingcenter.com/MembersBA

I plan on joining, However where's the courtesy when you get charged $50.00 for it.  ???

Actually, for those who have a substantial amount of time left on thier former BA membership, the regular full-price membership amortizes out to a lower per-month cost so its still a better deal for them. For folks with only a month or two left, the lower priced grand opening promo is a better offer.

$200 for a year, or $250 for a year and half doesnt sound too terrible. I too am sour that I had 8 months left on a current BA membership and got boned, but GSSC doesn't owe anyone anything really. I will still join because the range is dangerously close to my house and incredibly convenient. They have been kind enough to accommodate previous BA members. As stated its a new business with new owners and zero connection to BA.

I totally agree that they don't owe anyone anything, but they would get people like myself who spent plenty through the years back there...... even if they said free 3 month trial to gain your trust etc.... its a way to get the customer base back to a soured location.

I guess I do not understand the sentiment of wanting something for free because someone else screwed you over...  If TONY (who has been a trusted vendor and business for years here that just about no one speaks ill of) can't gain your trust simply by his business reputation and what he IS offering (which is more than what is needed), that sounds like more of your problem than his.  If you can't tell the difference between Brick Armory & Phil and GSSC & Tony, well then, not much more to say there. 

Plenty (and i mean PLENTY) of people will happily go back there because it's a) convenient, b) it's being run by a highly thought of person in Tony and c) they have bent over backwards to help former BA members who got screwed over (with  both missing firearms and range membership). 

$200 for a year, or $250 for a year and half doesnt sound too terrible. I too am sour that I had 8 months left on a current BA membership and got boned, but GSSC doesn't owe anyone anything really. I will still join because the range is dangerously close to my house and incredibly convenient. They have been kind enough to accommodate previous BA members. As stated its a new business with new owners and zero connection to BA.

I feel the same way.  

So to get this straight, you feel they should give free 3 month trials to former BA members, without GSSC receiving anything?

Since the business has nothing to do with Phil, I don't see how they owe anybody. Everyone would want a free trial.

To be clear I said it would be nice, they dont have to do anything.

Also I haven't been on here for years so dont know them like older members do.

I am not complaining or unhappy at all, I moved on to South Jersey shooting club when it all happened and couldn't be more happy.

Not saying I have anything against them & its getting redundant but ill say it again that I know they have nothing to do with Phils lying BS ..... I might try them out sometime, just that whole thing turned me off to that location and I know a few others who feel similar.

TJ I dont mean to sound ungrateful, and apoligize if i do..... hope you see where i am coming from.

To be clear I said it would be nice, they dont have to do anything.

Also I haven't been on here for years so dont know them like older members do.

I am not complaining or unhappy at all, I moved on to South Jersey shooting club when it all happened and couldn't be more happy.

Not saying I have anything against them & its getting redundant but ill say it again that I know they have nothing to do with Phils lying BS ..... I might try them out sometime, just that whole thing turned me off to that location and I know a few others who feel similar.

TJ I dont mean to sound ungrateful, and apoligize if i do..... hope you see where i am coming from.

Trying to understand what the actual location has to do with anything.  Years back I belonged to a Gold's Gym that out of nowhere locked its doors and clean up shop overnight. Sometime later on someone else went in there and turned it into a Powerhouse Gym that we all back back to...completely diff owner, diff name, but same location....pretty sure no one held a grudge against a building lol.

Trying to understand what the actual location has to do with anything. Years back I belonged to a Gold's Gym that out of nowhere locked its doors and clean up shop overnight. Sometime later on someone else went in there and turned it into a Powerhouse Gym that we all back back to...completely diff owner, diff name, but same location....pretty sure no one held a grudge against a building lol.

That is the best analogy I have seen to describe this. And if the new gym owner offered ANY discount for members of the old gym, i don't think anyone would be grousing about it or complaining it wasn't enough to get over the trauma of the last guy that screwed everyone.

Talk about goodwill gestures though...

I was surprised that Tony took on the task of trying to help people that had guns at BA. That is a lot of paperwork and headache, and not much (if any) financial gain for all that work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk