High Exposure

Mini 14 options

Ok. I will be taking a 3 day carbine course with EAG tactical this summer - the catch is I have to shoot the whole course with a Mini-14.

What options do I have to mount a RDS, white light, and 2 point sling. It is an older Mini-14

( most likely made prior to 1995) if that matters with a standard wood stock.

I am for quality gear that will hold up to hard use and abuse.

I am familiar with the platform but unfamiliar with accessories and options. Any help/tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Did you lose a bet?

Ruger has a tactical model which has a 1913 section at 12, 3, 6, and 9. It would allow you to use an AR-type stock and I believe has a sling loop at the front of the handguard. You could put a stock on that has a QD point for the other end of the stock. I suppose if you could source that chassis, that would be an option. But seriously...did you a lose a bet??

I have access to 2 stock mini-14s so I am not buying a new version - I just want to put a RDS (either an Aimpoint PRO or Insight MRDS), a light, and rig a sling. I have seen a ways to do this but mostly with junky gear from a cheaper than dirt catalog. Looking for better ideas and don't want to reinvent the wheel. I am hoping someone has researched this stuff already.

No, I didn't lose a bet :D

Didn't you hear? They are the new hotness :rofl:

Ok. I will be taking a 3 day carbine course with EAG tactical this summer - the catch is I have to shoot the whole course with a Mini-14.

What options do I have to mount a RDS, white light, and 2 point sling. It is an older Mini-14

( most likely made prior to 1995) if that matters with a standard wood stock.

I am for quality gear that will hold up to hard use and abuse.

I am familiar with the platform but unfamiliar with accessories and options. Any help/tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have a tactical model sitting in the safe collecting dust. PM me maybe I can help you out for the course. Looks just like this one.

cfd5064cbc3517e69d110fffee508d04.jpg

A couple options I found are insanely expensive. I don't think you want to spend $600 on a chassis, do you?

No, I was looking for like a scout rail or something. It will be a work gun and not mine, so I don't want to spend too much.

I have a tactical model sitting in the safe collecting dust. PM me maybe I can help you out for the course. Looks just like this one.

cfd5064cbc3517e69d110fffee508d04.jpg

Thanks Deer Slayer. I would like to keep the wood standard stock without a pistol grip though. I think it will give better data for why I am doing it.

I have a regular wood stock ranch rifle as well. But no accessories on it only iron sights, actually just picked it up last week. I'm pretty sure UTG makes a bolt on tri rail for it. I've seen one somewhere before.

Like this one?

4b1e1b2930164ba4d1f4634fc49a34f9.jpg

This is supposed to fit ranch and standard models: http://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/rings-mounts-amp-bases/rifle-bases/mini-14-scout-mount-sku100000960-17396-41528.aspx

You could get an RDS on there and a light in a HSP Thorntail.

GG&G has this: http://www.gggaz.com/ruger-mini-14-ranch-rifle-scope-mounts.html

But that wouldn't help you get a light mounted.

Here's a few, most seem to be for the Ranch rifle though. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s?k=Mini+14+rail

Ranch rifle only. Exactly what I keep getting....

This is supposed to fit ranch and standard models: http://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/rings-mounts-amp-bases/rifle-bases/mini-14-scout-mount-sku100000960-17396-41528.aspxYou could get an RDS on there and a light in a HSP Thorntail.GG&G has this: http://www.gggaz.com/ruger-mini-14-ranch-rifle-scope-mounts.htmlBut that wouldn't help you get a light mounted.

That ultimak rail looks like the answer! Thanks

now i want one of these. Posted Image

Don't do it unless you're willing to buy more than one. They're addicting, I have 4 now lol... for some reason I have a soft spot for these rifles, probably since I can't own an M1Carbine. Next best thing I guess...