magnawing

Texas...so far

Is Wild West City still open? I haven't been there since the Uncle Floyd days

Yes, the Stabile family still owns the place. I'm friends with the owners son. We used to be drinking buddies, back in my 20's. I haven't seen the uncle Floyd show since televisions had two knobs on them, & you had to get up off your ass to change the channel lol... Did he do the theme song/Jingle to the TV commercial for the place? "Goin to Wild West city, Where a kid can be a kid" if I remember correctly it went something like that.

The Gooses Acre is a great Irish pub on Main St in the Woodlands. Check it out.

Main St. is a very nice, upscale area with great restaurants. Pubs, entertainment, and nice shopping.

You have probably never heard of a kolache, but stop into the Kolache Factory in th Woodlands and order some. Ham or sausage with cheese, rolled up into a slightly sweet bread and baked.

They are delicious!!!!!

There's a Kolache Factory 5 minutes from my house. If you're familiar with the area, I'm in Grogan's Mill just off of Sawdust Rd.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

That's the one! They make some awesome kolaches. My office is off of Research Forest and New Trails Dr.

Magnawing,

I failed to mention the most important thing...where is the nearest range. Yeah, I know....how could I forget that??

I like Carters Country out on FM1960. Check out the extensive trophy room. Bill Carter is quite the hunter, and has taken game from all parts of the world.

CC has an extensive firearms inventory, and on site gunsmiths.

The range is well run, and the RSO's run a tight ship.

There are other ranges in the area, but CC is the one my dad and I go to prior to deer season to check zero (dad lives nearby).

Check it out, I think you'll like that place.

Spring G&A is one of the others I was trying to think of. One of my co-workers and I go there when I'm in town. He has a few cool NFA toys we play with there.

Damn, I can't wait to move back to Tx!!

Well...I'm officially "here"...went back to PRNJ last week and loaded up a U-Haul, put my car on a trailer and took off for Houston with the wife following in her car. Spent 34 hours of actual drive time over 3 days and got home Saturday night around 9:30.

On another front, stopped in at WalMart last night to pick up a few things and walked past the ammo case. I noticed they had 100ct packs of HP MiniMags for $6.77...so I bought my limit of 3 boxes. I couldn't believe #1-they still had .22 ammo at 6pm and #2-MiniMags for 6.8¢/rd.

No thanks Glenn. We're having our own Arctic Blast down here...it got down to 34 degrees overnight and today's high is only 46.

"only 46" gotto love it. maybe sometime im my dreams I could live out there. been thinking about relocating to TX. Im 25, single no attachments to NJ, just need to find work.

Enjoy