dobie

When Christie's Gone

Once Christie leaves office and we get the inevitable Democrat successor what anti-firearms bills will be on the wish list of the Dems.

I'm kind of assuming the 15 round mag bill will be first on the agenda.

What else can we expect will be offered and voted into law?

INSTEAD  of that, what can we do to ensure that there is a freedom friendly candidate on the ballot? what needs to be done, who can we try to get on there? now's the time to start. actually it's a bit late.....but if we start now, maybe we'll have success in getting someone better than cc, rather than one of the nazis that's hoping to take his place.......

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/09/sweeney_says_centerpiece_gun_control_bill_is_dead_after_conditional_veto.html

Buy all the 15 rounders you can...I may lose all mine in an unfortunate boating accident when they make the new law a 10rd limit to "save 5 precious lives" or some other garbage that the grabbers will eat up.

Problem is...and I have the same issue...I can't in good faith vote for a Republican. The other issues they oppose me on are more important to me than gun rights...by catering to the far right they end up turning off voters that would otherwise favor their policies.

I can't vote democrat either because of their willingness to pass feel good legislation for a short term bump in the polls and long term destruction of gun rights.

Problem is...and I have the same issue...I can't in good faith vote for a Republican. The other issues they oppose me on are more important to me than gun rights...by catering to the far right they end up turning off voters that would otherwise favor their policies.

I can't vote democrat either because of their willingness to pass feel good legislation for a short term bump in the polls and long term destruction of gun rights.

Well you have to vote one way or the other.  Since you are never going to find someone who exactly echoes your views, pick the one who is closest.  And if you value your 2A rights, you probably should be voting Republican.

To the OP, just take a look at last year's legislative agenda, and that will be the start of their wish list.  I'm pretty sure it's going to be a feeding frenzy of new gun laws, which is why we need to take a look at vulnerable anti-gun people and target them in the next election.

WTF, lol to that video!

Please dont take this wrong.

The thought that you mentioned is A thought that is heard A lot.

With this thought, the end result is. A vote for the winning candidate.

I'll leave it there

Yeah..INSTEAD of waving the white flag over what MIGHT happen in a few years..lets work on what we can do to keep things in a positive direction..no fighting spirit here anymore..just defeatist attitudes and the "I'll just move" answer..

this was my point. cc is no friend of ours.....but he is a major improvement over what we've had for the last decade or so. now is the time to find someone to improve on him. find someone who IS a friend of ours. someone that has the balls to continue in the right direction, and keep the nazis in check.

it doesn't matter what letter comes after their name. as long as they're a friend of ours.

I may get clobbered for this . But

We got rid of one useless Dem (Albano) down here in the last election.

I think now Jeff Van Drew needs to wake up now.

He talks A good talk, But is not cutting it. He is more concerned with throwing the dirt at Fiocchi, Republican who beat Albano. Then anything else now.

And I used to think better of Van Drew, but not anymore

Want to see what will happen, look at the bills proposed after Newtown.  Especially from the State Senator from Montclair, Nia Gill.  Virtual ban on assualt weapons, this includes the AR15 platform, mag limits, if you think they'll stop at 10 you are dreaming.  I would venture to say as bad as or worse than the provisions in the NY SAFE Act.  Our representatives in Trenton love to tell you how NJ is the best at keeping you safe. 

If you can't vote for someone who stands for you 2A rights, because other platforms are more important to you, then you better change sides.  I for one will always vote for those who stand for our constitutional amendments first, without those you are no longer a citizen, just a subject.

Let me guess. They are going to outlaw abortion and gay marriage. Right before Hell freezes over and they ban females and black people from schools.

BTW, I've been informed by the staff that suggesting gun rights will be imperiled when Christie is gone is not appropriate.

Yeah..INSTEAD of waving the white flag over what MIGHT happen in a few years..lets work on what we can do to keep things in a positive direction..no fighting spirit here anymore..just defeatist attitudes and the "I'll just move" answer..

When you study the past, you can pretty accurately predict the future in NJ.  While I hope for the best, I'm planning for the worst.

When you study the past, you can pretty accurately predict the future in NJ. While I hope for the best, I'm planning for the worst.

True..it is easy to see why people become hopeless.. but what's that disclaimer given in most financial service ads..Past performance is no guarantee of future results...or something like that..

I'm going to look a bit more on the positive (ok, neutral) side of things here.  I believe much of what we saw with the proposals was meant to embarrass Christie and distinguish (D) from ® after the pension changes.  Once Christie is gone it's likely to be a (D) in office and the legislature won't be looking for any "gotcha" legislation unless Bloomberg comes calling with buckets of campaign cash.

Also, the NJSC seems to be avoiding any 2nd amendment cases since Heller/MacDonald.  The USSC will need to eventually address the split in circuit court rulings, but, since Heller, it seems unlikely to restrict 2a further than NJ already is.  Any further restrictions put in place by the NJ legislature risks something finally being taken up by the NJSC that will expose just how close to the edge NJ laws already are.  If the legislature pushes much/any further they stand to lose the entire scheme in place today.  Granted, it might take years to work it's way through the courts, but it could move pretty quickly if there is enough noise.

I know, none of that helps with the current situation.  Christie could have completely changed things up by declaring self defense as suitable justifiable need, but he hasn't.  He's not a friend of the 2nd but he hasn't been an active enemy either.  I don't see Sweeney being the next Governor - too much baggage with the pension changes and the need for whoever the next Gov is to do something about pensions.  I think it's more likely we'll get someone like Norcross or Booker - not that I'm happy about either.  A year (or two) is an eternity in politics but I don't see anyone even on the horizon on the ® side that I think can win state-wide election.

Regardless, much like the presidency, anyone who wants the job is unfit to hold it.

Booker is in Washington to stay.  He will play ball to stay there to become the millionaire all federal senators become. Corzine did not and was sent packing and had to settle for NJ Governor.  Fulop and Sweeney lead the pack.  It will be interesting to see who North Jersey Democrats back.  If its Fulop, Sweeney's toast.  NJ will "shoot the moon" on new gun control, and Bloomturd will be in the wings, guaranteed.  Any state that shows any signs of wanting new gun control will get Bloomturd support.  After all he told us God is on his side.

NJ has the lowest per capita gun ownership ratings.  Easy to pass new feel good legislation here.  Face it NJ is a nanny state, period.   

Booker is in Washington to stay.  He will play ball to stay there to become the millionaire all federal senators become. Corzine did not and was sent packing and had to settle for NJ Governor.  Fulop and Sweeney lead the pack.  It will be interesting to see who North Jersey Democrats back.  If its Fulop, Sweeney's toast.  NJ will "shoot the moon" on new gun control, and Bloomturd will be in the wings, guaranteed.  Any state that shows any signs of wanting new gun control will get Bloomturd support.  After all he told us God is on his side.

NJ has the lowest per capita gun ownership ratings.  Easy to pass new feel good legislation here.  Face it NJ is a nanny state, period.   

but how do we find someone to run against those schmucks that may have a chance? there's a lot of you that are very politically savvy in here.....you're the guys we need to hear from on how to get a good guy in the office........or even just whom that good guy may be.......

When Cristie is gone, New Jersey will get their own SAFE Act.

This is it. The laws are already written and will be back. WE'VE ALREADY SEEN THEM. There is no 2A knight in shining armour waving the Gadsden flag making a career in NJ.