wink-_-wink

Sons of Liberty

One positive thing about the show is the fact that it shows how our forefathers were the citizens armed against an oppressive government. These days the antis want to turn the 2nd amendment into meaning standing militia as part of the government and disregard the fact that it really means we the people. Anything that shows citizens and arms in a positive light is a good thing in my opinion. What holds true across time is control the information,disarm the masses and make them think the government or regime will provide for you is a ploy as old as man. (Be it Romans,Nazis,communism or in this case the British).JMOP

I watched it, it was entertaining. I DVR'ed the 3 nights so i could FF through all the commercials. Although i realize this is not accurate historically 100%. At least they didn't make the Patriots out to be terrorists, like common core history is now teaching the youth in public schools.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/11/20/was-the-boston-tea-party-terrorism-texas-schools-are-teaching-just-that-and-more/

One positive thing about the show is the fact that it shows how our forefathers were the citizens armed against an oppressive government. These days the antis want to turn the 2nd amendment into meaning standing militia as part of the government and disregard the fact that it really means we the people. Anything that shows citizens and arms in a positive light is a good thing in my opinion. What holds true across time is control the information,disarm the masses and make them think the government or regime will provide for you is a ploy as old as man. (Be it Romans,Nazis,communism or in this case the British).JMOP

I totally agree! Especially in one episode the colonists can't get their hands on any gun powder because the British government has bought it all making it near impossible for them to get any. Hmmm ...sound familiar??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched it, it was entertaining. I DVR'ed the 3 nights so i could FF through all the commercials. Although i realize this is not accurate historically 100%. At least they didn't make the Patriots out to be terrorists, like common core history is now teaching the youth in public schools.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/11/20/was-the-boston-tea-party-terrorism-texas-schools-are-teaching-just-that-and-more/

True story: they are now reaching kids that our founding fathers were just white devil slave masters that created the constitution and bill of rights to protect their wealth from the British crown. WTF!?!? How about they fought a bloody revolution to throw off tyranny and setup our new government to protect us from having to do it again??? I keeps saying: they have to villainize the founding fathers, and once that step is complete they can piecemeal strip out the parts of the constitution and bill of rights that protect our freedom and liberty!!

True story: they are now reaching kids that our founding fathers were just white devil slave masters that created the constitution and bill of rights to protect their wealth from the British crown. WTF!?!? How about they fought a bloody revolution to throw off tyranny and setup our new government to protect us from having to do it again??? I keeps saying: they have to villainize the founding fathers, and once that step is complete they can piecemeal strip out the parts of the constitution and bill of rights that protect our freedom and liberty!!

I don't care if I have to pump gas at night in Newark or push shopping carts to pay for it, my children will never go to a public school.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I thought the costumes and sets were very good and I don't have too much of a problem with them using dramatic license to make the story more exciting. They are making entertainment not a documentary.

What did bother me was the total disregard for the way the colonists would have spoken. I am damn sure Ben Franklin never used the phrase "bat shit crazy" ever.