Sign in to follow this  
Jim Norman

January 3-Gun, Old Bridge

Hell no. Look, no one wants this match more then me, but I what I really don't want is a number of new shooters trying to run with multiple guns on ice.

What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

By the way....still soooooo sick of effing winter.

Kid played in Myrtle Beach this weekend.  Sunday was mid 30's with gusty wind, Monday, 29 with wind chill of 9.  They had to scrape the ice off the batters box and home plate.  effing sooooo sick of winter.

Yeah but its a SPECIAL steel match where we race for money.

But yeah I'm not sure witch one I'm going to chose either. 

I guess if my shotgun comes in by then that will help me choose.

Applications are up on the OBCATS.com websitefor the USPSA Match and the 3-Gun

The Stoeger M3K 3-Gun version may or may not be available, but you will still need to have work done on it. They don't relieve the loading port as much and the rigger is not worked. You'll also need a tube nut and a tube.

It is a half an inch bigger though! I will deal with the occasional failure to perform for the extra half inch in length. lol

With the 1250fps stuff it is reliable, the 1145s it is mostly reliable. The loading port is noticably bigger when compared to a 3500. I do agree that the 3000 is the way to go though.

Keep in mind round counts in 3 gun are funny things. Bring at least double.  Worst case you can bring it back home.

I dunno how Jim counted, but very often you only NEED one shot per target to neutralize it if is an A so .. are you only going to shoot it once, on the move, at speed?

For example, my stage alone says 8 pistol targets, 9 shotgun targets, 10 rifle. You are probably going to use 16 pistol 10+ shotgun and 15-20 rifle. Then there are the longer range stages. Maybe it will be only 8 hits required, assuming you don't miss until you run out of ammo. 

So yeah, bring at least double. Maybe triple. 

OK, I have closed the 'PRE-MATCH REGISTRATION' however we will not turn you away if you show up to shoot. Just PLEASE, PLEASE don't show up at 9:55 and expect a big smile and to get squadded with your buddies. Get up and get out, be there so you can register before 9:30!

Thank You!

Last week we were done squadding and we were shooting at 10:10.

See you on the range!