The reason I asked is some states allow to carry loaded in glove box while others do not.

Every time I GOOGLED transport fire arm from nj to Texas all I get is dont do it in nj.

I just needed a quick answer not some smart sad response. It seems Virginia is the only state I can have it in my glove box all the others I have to keep it locked up.

The reason I asked is some states allow to carry loaded in glove box while others do not.

Every time I GOOGLED transport fire arm from nj to Texas all I get is dont do it in nj.

I just needed a quick answer not some smart sad response. It seems Virginia is the only state I can have it in my glove box all the others I have to keep it locked up.

Do you have a Utah CCW or other permit? 

Good luck.

If you want info on how to get a CHL let me know. The process is a bit involved but it's worth it. They actually tie it in to your driver license.

I love Texas. I wish I could live there. I'd be in hog heaven.

Actually, it's not really complicated at all. Take the class, get fingerprinted, fill out and send in the application (or do it online) and then wait 4-6 weeks. Once you have a TX drivers license and CHL, you no longer have to pass a NICS check to purchase firearms in Texas. Still have to fill out the 4473 but no NICS.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

Good luck.

If you want info on how to get a CHL let me know. The process is a bit involved but it's worth it. They actually tie it in to your driver license.

I love Texas. I wish I could live there. I'd be in hog heaven. 

Why can't you live there? Life is too short to settle.

I have a house in NJ and sales have been slow in this town. 

Bummer.. It's all in the location I guess. When I moved last summer my house went under contract in 3 days with like 7 offers. I guess I got lucky. I thought the market in NJ had come back.

Actually, it's not really complicated at all. Take the class, get fingerprinted, fill out and send in the application (or do it online) and then wait 4-6 weeks. Once you have a TX drivers license and CHL, you no longer have to pass a NICS check to purchase firearms in Texas. Still have to fill out the 4473 but no NICS.

I did it last year and it really isn't complicated but it's not as simple as say PA or FL. It's not a simple one form with class certificate and you're done. You need to take their specific class and qualify (which really isn't hard though). 

You can do the online app at any time and schedule your fingerprints at any time then you have I think a year to take the class and send in your paperwork to DPS. That's how most instructors recommend doing it. But you need the online app confirmation before you can schedule your prints. 

Out of state there's a bit more with the timing to avoid multiple trips. They use your DL picture if you're a resident. 

I like their system. You get feedback on the process and it's all tracked online. They are also pretty fast, people are getting them in like 7 days now. 

Bummer.. It's all in the location I guess. When I moved last summer my house went under contract in 3 days with like 7 offers. I guess I got lucky. I thought the market in NJ had come back.

I live in Sussex County. Even at the height of the market houses were slow to move. 

Besides my wife is in love with this house and doesn't want to move out of the NYC area because her kids (outside the marriage) and her job is here. She'll lose her pension and benefits if she quits to move. 

You have to be a resident for six months to get the Resident CHL. Took my class and qualifier Saturday. Piece of cake, you shoot. 20 shots at 3 yards, 20 shots at 7 yards. 10 shots at 15. 50 rounds total. The class must be minimum of four hours (shooting don't count). Class was $75.00  CHL is $140. Averaging 7-10 days turnaround. It is tied to your drivers license. No more NICS for me!

My new supervisor basically forced me out.

My girl got transferred there 1 yr ago and I've been flying back and forth since then.

I've been in the construction field residential ,commercial for over 20 yrs.

I am packing my truck up and going.

The Houston area is booming with work.

Actually, if you're relocating with intent to establish residency, you don't have to wait 6 months....

GC §411.172. ELIGIBILITY. (a) A person is eligible for a license to carry a concealed handgun if the person:

(1) is a legal resident of this state for the six-month period preceding the date of application under this subchapter or is otherwise eligible for a license under Section 411.173(a)

GC §411.173. NON-RESIDENT LICENSE. (a) The department by rule shall establish a procedure for a person who meets the eligibility requirements of this subchapter other than the residency requirement established by Section 411.172(a)(1) to obtain a license under this subchapter if the person is a legal resident of another state or if the person relocates to this state with the intent to establish residency in this state.

My new supervisor basically forced me out.

My girl got transferred there 1 yr ago and I've been flying back and forth since then.

I've been in the construction field residential ,commercial for over 20 yrs.

I am packing my truck up and going.

The Houston area is booming with work.

Check with Gilbane-Harvey, they're doing most of the work at the new ExxonMobil campus where I'm working.