1LtCAP

site slow?

hey guys....not really sure where to put this, so here it is.

anyway.......this site seems to be moving agonizingly slow for the last week or so here on this computer(home) at work, it seems to move a little faster, but every so often, it'll stop scrolling, as if a popup was just blocked. when that happens, i have to click in the window, then it scrolls again.

this is the only site that does either of these things on either computer. this isn't intended as a complaint, but rather just to find out what's going on. i don't think it's a problem in my puters, as they're both scanned often, and nothing other than a few tracking cookies comes up.....

thanks guys!

Funny, I was gonna post about this earlier and got sidetracked.

I've noticed a few times recently that the site "hangs" - it starts to load, I often get the site logo at the top of the page, then the rest of the screen is grey.  It sometimes will eventually load (30+ seconds later), and sometimes will stay hung up.  This site (again, the only site I have this issue with) has been acting like this a lot more recently - say the last 2 weeks.

What happened tonight, it was acting very slow but eventually loading, but after clicking a thread, I then had to wait about 15 seconds to see the thread, and it loaded a few replies at a time, until it stopped loading about 2/3 of the way down the page.  I left the computer and came back 15 minutes later and it was still trying to load the topic.

None of these times it's done this have been particularly high-activity times, when I'm one of the only active users, and I'm on a 10Mb connection.  This only happens on this website.

As was said before, this isn't a complaint, just a heads-up.

Like watching paint dry......................................

kind of, 'cept i normally have multiple windows open....so i tend to tab back n forth when working and it's slow.....

Funny, I was gonna post about this earlier and got sidetracked.

I've noticed a few times recently that the site "hangs" - it starts to load, I often get the site logo at the top of the page, then the rest of the screen is grey.  It sometimes will eventually load (30+ seconds later), and sometimes will stay hung up.  This site (again, the only site I have this issue with) has been acting like this a lot more recently - say the last 2 weeks.

What happened tonight, it was acting very slow but eventually loading, but after clicking a thread, I then had to wait about 15 seconds to see the thread, and it loaded a few replies at a time, until it stopped loading about 2/3 of the way down the page.  I left the computer and came back 15 minutes later and it was still trying to load the topic.

None of these times it's done this have been particularly high-activity times, when I'm one of the only active users, and I'm on a 10Mb connection.  This only happens on this website.

As was said before, this isn't a complaint, just a heads-up.

this is what happens to me sometimes. i've on occasion had to click the "X" in the address bar to stop it from loading, then clicked the button to reload, and it comes down. i can't seem to find rhyme or reason to timing....seems to be whenever it feels like it.

does it to me some times too i usually leave and come back later..

running on chrome.  

I have also done malware checks and that does not correct it..

I assume it is something with chrome and the site..

i should have mentioned........i'm running firefox on both computers.

again.........i didn't mean as a complaint, but rather as mentioned a heads up. last time i'd seen something like this happen on a forum, it turned out that the site was compromised. it took that site owner awhile to get it back to normal.

even though i may complain about stuff, i really enjoy this place. when it'll actually load for me. :)

uspsa.org seems be in Cloudera "I'm under attack" mode for the second time this week - I haven't seen this message before at all...

Checking your browser before accessing uspsa.org.
This process is automatic. Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly.
Please allow up to 5 seconds…
DDoS protection by CloudFlare

Kind of strange, didn't think anyone might want to hack USPSA website. What for? To get secret classifier percentage calculation algorithm, lol? :))

kind of, 'cept i normally have multiple windows open....so i tend to tab back n forth when working and it's slow.....

this is what happens to me sometimes. i've on occasion had to click the "X" in the address bar to stop it from loading, then clicked the button to reload, and it comes down. i can't seem to find rhyme or reason to timing....seems to be whenever it feels like it.

i should have mentioned........i'm running firefox on both computers.

again.........i didn't mean as a complaint, but rather as mentioned a heads up. last time i'd seen something like this happen on a forum, it turned out that the site was compromised. it took that site owner awhile to get it back to normal.

even though i may complain about stuff, i really enjoy this place. when it'll actually load for me. :)

I too am running Firefox (35.0), and always have multiple tabs open.  I head to another tab when NJGF starts bogging down, and those sites work normally (fast).

I do the stop/reload thing sometimes, but it doesn't always work.  It sometimes will work somewhat faster (probably because it's already loaded some of the components to load the page before I refreshed it), but just as often, it will just make me wait 5-15 seconds.  Again, this is maybe 3% of the time I use this site, if that much.  You just notice a lot more when suddenly you're back into the days of 56k page loading speeds...

I too am running Firefox (35.0), and always have multiple tabs open.  I head to another tab when NJGF starts bogging down, and those sites work normally (fast).

I do the stop/reload thing sometimes, but it doesn't always work.  It sometimes will work somewhat faster (probably because it's already loaded some of the components to load the page before I refreshed it), but just as often, it will just make me wait 5-15 seconds.  Again, this is maybe 3% of the time I use this site, if that much.  You just notice a lot more when suddenly you're back into the days of 56k page loading speeds...

Ha when I first got AOL my first modem was a 12.2 most of the time it ran at 9600. I got a 56K board after a little while but because of my telco it only ran at 24.4 most of the time :(

Ha when I first got AOL my first modem was a 12.2 most of the time it ran at 9600. I got a 56K board after a little while but because of my telco it only ran at 24.4 most of the time :(

i used to fly air warrior.....on a 9600baud modem. that connection screech/squeal is forever imbedded in my mind dammit.

seems to be mostly back to normal the last couple days, although i keep getting a bar on top of my screen saying "firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page". at least it's moving at normal speed though.