Tallday

SKS in Stock at AIm

Is that out of les's shop? Or a different location? Maybe I'll have to make a trip out there to see him.

I was gonna text you about this thread but figured you'd find it quick enough :p $300 is tempting.

I was gonna text you about this thread but figured you'd find it quick enough :p $300 is tempting.

Yeah good looking out bro. It's a Chinese, I'm really looking for a decent Russian model. But it seems like everyone that is selling one is also a crack smoker, haven't found one yet that was worth the asking price. And I am willing to pay what a rifle is worth, you know that about me. But I'm not overpaying for a beat to S#*t non numbers matching half ass amature refinished surplus rifle someone thinks is some rare treasure that it's really not. For $300 if it's a good chineese example, with a decent bore in good shape it's worth the $$$

I remember going to zues's in the 80's and racks were full with sks's for 99.00  

few years back i purchased Romanian one and an all matching #s chinese in very good shape i think from aim was before the spike in gun sales.. 300 for the romanian and 200 for the chinese..

but still a dam good price at 320.00 today they are very fun to shoot..

Yeah good looking out bro. It's a Chinese, I'm really looking for a decent Russian model. But it seems like everyone that is selling one is also a crack smoker, haven't found one yet that was worth the asking price. And I am willing to pay what a rifle is worth, you know that about me. But I'm not overpaying for a beat to S#*t non numbers matching half ass amature refinished surplus rifle someone thinks is some rare treasure that it's really not. For $300 if it's a good chineese example, with a decent bore in good shape it's worth the $$$

Oh I know you will, if I hadn't seen a post on the forums from you today on anything I would have let ya know about this thread. 

I was at Les's shop today picking up some ammo and he had what I think is a Sino Soviet on the shelf in almost new condition for $400.00. The sino soviets were made with Russian machinery and under russian supervision. Do a little research before you hold me to it though, it had no Chinese writing and the serial was a letter then 4 digits. That's a screaming deal if it was what I think it was.

I was at Les's shop today picking up some ammo and he had what I think is a Sino Soviet on the shelf in almost new condition for $400.00. The sino soviets were made with Russian machinery and under russian supervision. Do a little research before you hold me to it though, it had no Chinese writing and the serial was a letter then 4 digits. That's a screaming deal if it was what I think it was.

Cool thanks I'll check into it. Really nice because he's close, and I always liked giving him my business.

http://www.yooperj.com/SKS-36.htm 

not really an sks guy but it's Chinese, wouldn't you rather have a yugo or Russian one? 

The Sino-Soviet SKS were essentially Russian, just made in a Chinese factory.  The Chinese SKS gets a bad rap, but the ones that I have are just as well made as the Russian I have.  The later ones with the stamped receivers and pinned barrels are not of the same quality, but I've read claims of them being good shooters. 

The Sino-Soviet SKS were essentially Russian, just made in a Chinese factory.  The Chinese SKS gets a bad rap, but the ones that I have are just as well made as the Russian I have.  The later ones with the stamped receivers and pinned barrels are not of the same quality, but I've read claims of them being good shooters. 

Thats because those 1st ones i believe were built under russian supervision.

A Chinese is just as good as a Russian, weather it be a Norinco or a Sino-Soviet. Really there is no "bad" SKS. The yugos get a bad rap because many of them are trashed and people don't clean the gas ports. The only overall negative is the lack of chrome bore.

I do love my Tula.

I'd go Chinese over Yugo anyway, especially at this price point. They may be a little more worn in than Yugo's and Russian's but for just over 300 bucks, you can't beat it.

Chinese Mosin's also get a bad rap like Chinese SKS' do. It's funny how they are a fraction of the cost of their similar counterparts yet most of the ones I have collected or shot have smoother triggers and just feel better than them.