This may be beating a dead horse but.. It's a serious question.

Are we going to see a single stack g42 sized 9mm glock this year?

If you are really interested in one , I would just go ahead and buy the Smith and Wesson M&P Shield 9mm ... I did, and couldn't be happier....

And I am a big Glock fan, would own a Glock if I could only one one gun or if I was in a Walking Dead type situation etc.  Glock all the way.  But at this point, you have to sort of look at it like, how long do you wait, for a company to PERHAPS , One Day, give you what you want to spend your money on, and what a large segment of people have been basically begging for - for years now.  Forget it.  I needed a dedicated every-day-carry gun when I moved down here to FL, and while I planned on carrying my (beloved) Glock 23, I just don't have the body to conceal it consistently and effectively day in and day out, etc.  So I got a Shield... always have been a big Smith and Wesson fan, have products, my Dad carried Smith and Wesson revolvers on the job before Glock came to America in the 80s, and they made basically the exact thing everyone wanted in a Glock , perhaps better actually.  I am not 100% sure a Glock single-stack 9mm would be even equal to a Shield, if not behind the 8-ball for being superior.

Would I be excited if it was announced today or tomorrow, probably.  But would I actually sell my Shield and buy one?  I really doubt it.

Plus, you can get them for like $350.  How can you beat that with a stick?

Pump action pistol? I'd treat that more like a novelty than anything else.

The new Surefire pistol light is really nice and compact, and it only takes 1 AAA battery which I love. I know that weaponlights/flashlights nowadays are so powerful they need the CR123A batteries, but it would be nice if more of them took regular batteries like AA/AAA. I guess we will have to wait for the price on that thing though, and most likely it will be a dent in the wallet.

Pump action pistol? I'd treat that more like a novelty than anything else.

The new Surefire pistol light is really nice and compact, and it only takes 1 AAA battery which I love. I know that weaponlights/flashlights nowadays are so powerful they need the CR123A batteries, but it would be nice if more of them took regular batteries like AA/AAA. I guess we will have to wait for the price on that thing though, and most likely it will be a dent in the wallet.

As good as it gets in NJ, of course PK90 has those NJ legal AR pistols that are semi ;)

Me too. I just hope they release it before 2017 and it costs less than $1 a lumen like most of their stuff. They are going to price themselves right out of the game if they are not careful.

Going to? I haven't even look at Surefire as a real option in years. Their pricing is basically offensive.

I just find it funny. A couple years ago there was 100 threads on Arfcom about how to keep the brass deflector from getting brass marks/chips on it, how to install the bolt catch roll pin with scratching the lower, and asking if the coating on a certain lower would match the color on any given upper. It didn't matter how a rifle shot or functioned as long as the "fit and finish" (god I hate that fucking term) was acceptable.

Now scratches and dings are all the rage.

Want a distressed rifle? Tie it to your bumper and drag it down a gravel driveway for 100 yards or so. That ought to do it :p

i tried both of those and still messed it up.  i finally do it but instead of tape i just use a piece of cardboard.  when i get less lazy i think ill mold a piece of kydex that covers the whole side so i don't have to tape.  i actually find it easier to go in from the buffer tube side now