Distressed firearms? Isn't that what the chairsofters (not even the ones that actually play) do to their stuff. I couldn't imagine intentionally distressing a firearm in anyway other then using the damn thing.

So wait wich is in now should I be touching up the selector scratch on my ak, or wearing it more. I don't want to be not cool

Distressed? This is actually called Beat Down on my Colt...

If ya like it, why not? Don't have to trash a gun to make it look different than the norm...

c95b6a008c65feefa39f1be5d34bfe6e.jpgdafc6109c7111b897053e53b7ca2fab1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Channellocks work perfect. Instead of taping up the lower, tape up the pliers. Use medical tape.

Set the roll pin by hand to get it in place and send it home with the pliers. The "top" jaw the plier goes against the lower and "bottom" jaw of the plier goes against the roll pin. Then, send it...

2 easy ways that don't require hours of taping:
1) use channellock pliers
2) use this: http://www.brownells.com/aspx/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=26484

But don't tell anyone I told you ;)

i tried both of those and still messed it up.  i finally do it but instead of tape i just use a piece of cardboard.  when i get less lazy i think ill mold a piece of kydex that covers the whole side so i don't have to tape.  i actually find it easier to go in from the buffer tube side now

Meh, As long as it functions reliably and is accurate I am pleased. Function takes precedence over fashion always. My OCD does kick in a bit with matching the furniture color though.....

Don't get me wrong, if someone (me included) came along and deliberately messed up one of my guns for no reason/out of carelessness I would be pissed. But dings, scratches, and dents that come by honestly from use I'm OK with.

Meh, As long as it functions reliably and is accurate I am pleased. Function takes precedence over fashion always. My OCD does kick in a bit with matching the furniture color though.....

Don't get me wrong, if someone (me included) came along and deliberately messed up one of my guns for no reason/out of carelessness I would be pissed. But dings, scratches, and dents that come by honestly from use I'm OK with.

Well said :)

Function, reliability and accuracy should come first and minor cosmetic issues second.

I wouldn't be pissed if I loaned you a rifle or shotgun and you returned it with some dings or scratches if if was accidental or from normal use...but if someone deliberately trashed my guns (left it in water, drove over it for fun, filled it with sand/dirt,etc)  I would expect them to make good for it.