Sign in to follow this  
papercutninja

ANJRPC Strikeforce (FID/P2P compliance proj)

About a year ago, I signed up for the ANJRPC Strikeforce project, where they were taking specific instances of delays in FID and P2P being issued. I gave my info, and today I was contacted by a lawyer working for them, who advised me that my town was being "aggressive" and asked for specific examples. The lawyer asked if they could use my name as an example to the PD. I'd be more than willing, but I'm worried about potential retaliation from the local PD.

Am I just being paranoid? I don't think that they're going to intentionally slow down any future P2P applications, just more of a general harassment as this is a fairly small town and there don't appear to be that many gun owners.

About a year ago, I signed up for the ANJRPC Strikeforce project, where they were taking specific instances of delays in FID and P2P being issued. I gave my info, and today I was contacted by a lawyer working for them, who advised me that my town was being "aggressive" and asked for specific examples. The lawyer asked if they could use my name as an example to the PD. I'd be more than willing, but I'm worried about potential retaliation from the local PD.

Am I just being paranoid? I don't think that they're going to intentionally slow down any future P2P applications, just more of a general harassment as this is a fairly small town and there don't appear to be that many gun owners.

do it, then if you wanna be paranoid about the pd hassling ya, keep a digital recorder on ya, and keep a dash cam running when you're driving. you should be covered with those.

agreed.   I had an attorney watch over my FOID & P2P when I got my initial one.  Rumors were at 6-9mo & I wasnt gonna wait that long!   F 'em!

was he able to force them to comply with the statute? and how much did he cost, if you don't mind my asking?

court also said the 30 days wasn't enforceable

Of course they did, but any firearms offenses against law abiding citizens are perfectly enforceable. OGAM is enforceable, AWB statutes are enforceable, magazine capacity limits are enforceable. Sounds like a double standard to me, and I'm sure to anyone else with an IQ score above 75... I Effing hate this state!

Of course they did, but any firearms offenses against law abiding citizens are perfectly enforceable. OGAM is enforceable, AWB statutes are enforceable, magazine capacity limits are enforceable. Sounds like a double standard to me, and I'm sure to anyone else with an IQ score above 75... I Effing hate this state!

Well said!

And meanwhile I'm right next door in East Windsor and they do their best to get your permits to you ASAP. As long as your references don't drag their feet it can take as little as 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the court said 30 day law was unenforceable...... to the best of my knowledge some judge in Camden ruled that the PD not having the investigation results back in the 30 days was cause to not issue within that time limit for reasons of public safety (weather the PD dragged their feet in beginning the process or after receiving a bogus issue they wanted to further investigate and then didn't start investigating for 2 more months or not)  , and the whole state jumped on the band wagon using that ruling as precedence. So now if they start the process 29 day after receiving the app and say they are investigating 10 months later as far as the state of NJ is concerned they're just doing fine outstanding police work and protecting the interest of public safety. Sad but in the republic of new jersey that's the way it goes

Should I inform the Strike Force about my town not following the rules?

1) They mail me my P2Ps in about 8 working days! They therefore can't witness my signing them.

2) They do not check my references at all.

3) They never charge for or ask for any mental health form or check. I simply pay $2 per P2P.

It's just not fair!!!

1) They mail me my P2Ps in about 8 working days! They therefore can't witness my signing them.

3) They never charge for or ask for any mental health form or check. I simply pay $2 per P2P.

It's just not fair!!!

You sure your town is in nj? :lol:

It's just not fair!!!

A disgrace and traitors to the New Jersistan :-).

It's just not fair!!!

Lucky you...I'm so jealous! You're the rare exception. But most of the people in NJ, especially in the most populous counties, are totally screwed.

My friend in South Brunswick purchased 3 permits, and when asked about extensions, was told they will only extend them if he can give a good reason why he needs them extended. WTF!?!? How about OGAM he would literally have to buy OGAM or his permits would expire. How about he wants to take his time trying different guns with different ammo at different ranges before he plunks down on one and maybe he doesn't have it in his budget to by 3 handguns in 3 months? Are they allowed to NOT extend them if he doesn't use them all in 3 months?

Well if you try and buy more than OGAM I'll bet they enforce that statue.

I know someone that tried to have a NICS for a second handgun done before the 30 days. NICS denied him and he got a call later that day from NJSP. He said they were pissed & told him not to do it again. He was lucky to get a warning. So yeah they enforce OGAM.

My friend in South Brunswick purchased 3 permits, and when asked about extensions, was told they will only extend them if he can give a good reason why he needs them extended. WTF!?!? How about OGAM he would literally have to buy OGAM or his permits would expire. How about he wants to take his time trying different guns with different ammo at different ranges before he plunks down on one and maybe he doesn't have it in his budget to by 3 handguns in 3 months? Are they allowed to NOT extend them if he doesn't use them all in 3 months?

1. Financial burden

2. Time pressure to buy that could result in inappropriate personal firearm being purchased

2. Inability to have the firearms repaired / replaced, potentially resulting in insecure firearm

3. Firearm interested in was not available

4. Prohibitive prices resulted in delay to purchase

5. Family expenses and needs, delayed purchase

Put it in nice sentences..

Yes, the extension is at the discretion of Chief. I think the purchase permit also uses the word "good cause".

Just curious, but what exactly is the ANJRPC going to do to get individual towns to comply voluntarily?  After quickly going thru their website it seems like they're going after towns that add obstacles outside of what is required by the state (additional forms, employer notification, etc) and not really enforcing the 30-day lead time.  It mentions delays, but nothing specific.