Vicious

PPQ M2 vs Glock 19

I really want one, but they are so similar (for me) that I can't decide. I find the Glock grip to be fine, and the Walther is just extra fine (if you understand that, lol).

Which would you pick and why? If you have both, which would you keep?

Are there any ranges that rent the PPQ?

I never shot the PPQ but the Glock 19 is a no nonsense tool that will work when you need it to. The reason I like Glosck is that I just seem to shoot them better than most other pistols I have shot.

I also like the fact that Glock is the tinker toys of guns. I have played with so many different combinations or parts in my Glocks that I had to start keeping a journal of what I have in them now and how other things performed when they were in the gun.

I don't know if the PPQ has the ease of changing parts out of it or not. I don't care which one you pick now as if you really like them and like a lot of people on this forum you will probably end up owning both down the road any way!!

Shoot them side by side one will speak louder to you that day!! The next day who knows!!

You might want to look at the HK VP9 as well.. lol

(sorry, had to throw that in here)

Believe it or not, I don't care for HK. They make a fine pistol, just not for me. The VP9 is cool, but the trigger was not drastically better than the PPQ. The "wings" on the slide kinda bother me too. I also do not want a paddle release as I would like to stay consistent with all my handguns (thus the M2). If they had a button mag release and removable "wings" I wouldn't have even posted this question because I would like to own a HK.

Also, I called and confirmed that RTSP has a PPQ in 9mm to rent!

I was only half kidding, just had to throw VP9 out there..  heh..   as for the wings, they are actually removable.  (that said, I actually think they are pretty helpful)..  Mag release, well, i wasnt sure about it at first either but ive come to like it on the VP9.. 

PPQ is a fine weapon too.  As is the Glock (if you like Glocks, which I happen not to). 

I like and own both. The internals are similar, easy to assemble/disassemble. I have a Gen 2 Glock 19 and a PPQ. If I had a Gen 4 19 it might be a difficult decision, but with no rail under the barrel, the PPQ gets the nod as the better of the two. I do prefer the Glock sights over the PPQ though.

Have PPQ M1 and Glock. You won't go wrong with either.

But for me the Walther just shoots better and the trigger is sweet. The Glock feels like a tank compared to the Walther. Glocks will around still long after humans.

Oh and yes CZ are the bees knees. - there I said it :)

I have both a Glock G19 Gen 4 and a PPQ M2.  For my tastes the PPQ is much nicer - it fits better in my hand, has a great trigger and looks nice.  The Glock just doesn't evoke any emotion.  Both will perform will as range and HD weapons.  If you're looking to customize I believe the aftermarket support for Glocks is only second to 1911's.  I had the PPQ first and have never thought about selling it.  The Glock I bought to see what the magfic was supposed to be all about.  It doesn't do it for me but I won't sell it either - reputation for reliability and overall popularity makes it my preferred bug-out gun if SHTF.

I'm personally getting the PPQ first over Glock because I wanted one ever since I laid my eyes on it and felt it out. Now I was looking at Glock 19 as well because they are easier to find, at least by me. I figured anyway that I plan on having more then 1 handgun so the chances of me buying a 19 down the road is very high.

well, they say guns are like potato chips..  you can't just have one. 

Yeah, I agree, this is going to be #10 (11 if you count a stripped lower). My second permit is going to be a Stainless 6" S&W 686 (pre-lock). This is my SHTF 9, to accompany my p226.

Well I had a chance to handle both quite a bit, not shoot them though. I decided on the Glock. The Walther was awesome in every way, but I liked the more blocky Glock grip better. I don't know why. When I would close my eyes and pick each one up, the Glock always felt better. It may just be a familiarity thing, but it just felt right.

Plus the fact that aftermarket parts are more available made it a more desirable choice. I may tinker with this one. 

Thanks for input and opinions. 

One of my friends has a few Glocks.

He shot a PPQ a while ago and was really impressed.

He's a really good shooter and was able to shot really really tight groups on the first try

I bought the PPQ a few months ago and had it at the range twice and I don't know what it is

but I shoot it a heck of a lot better than my PX4

Glock... endless aftermarket ... and if you're in the middle of nowhere... chances are, someone... will have parts for it... just like a Chevy or ford pick up... total utility...

PPQ... more specialized... I feel... grip more ergonomically correct.. just feels better ... but the trigger... sawwweeeet... maybe too sweet if you're not careful... as its light... I have the PPQ now and totally love and shoot over my HK45, COLT 1911, S & W, rugers... but sorry I sold the G17... as it was equally accurate despite it's simplicity... or maybe that's just the reason.... good luck with em... can't go wrong with either...

BTW... cheaper alternative to PPQ mags are CANIK tp9... for $25... but needs altering as they're 18 capacity....