intercooler

Cat surgery success

well the surgery went well, Frack is home and seems to be doing well. Eating like a horse, already went to the litterbox and is cleaning herself. She is supposed to have a cone on but I took it off because she was really upset with it on and cried. I just have to watch her carefully to make sure she doesn't nip at her stitches.

I am relieved (and 3000 poorer)

Congrats. What was the surgical procedure performed?

she had her anal glands removed. Common on dogs, very uncommon in cats. Her glands were impacted and the ducts were scarred from years of being expressed and they could not be opened. The glands were hardened and it was making it painful to go the litterbox, so she could not poop. The secondary issue was that her tail went lame (like pick it up and it dropped like a stone when released) so there was a possibility that there was nerves being damaged or palsy as a result of the gland issue.

one of the major variables is that she is diabetic so it made it a critical event to have taken care of.

Good to hear it went good! And good idea with keeping eye on her since cone isn't on, I did that with mine we his boys were taking from him (neutered) because he hated the cone so I just carefully watched.

It's a good feeling. Don't worry about the cash.

We spent a few k on our kitten after a botched surgery. It was good money spent.

Ending up taking her to Tinton Falls to fix her -they were great. My wife was a wreck the whole time.

Where did you go?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• I still have one British bike from the 70s. Not all 100% original anymore, but correct (repro or NOS) parts. Did change to electronic ignition nearly 20 years ago. When I was in the UK in the military in the 80s, I had a Triumph Toledo (car, not bike) an Austin  and a DAF. I had always worked on my own cars before joining so was no big deal to work on them then, as I had to. Plus the base had a place to do that and the barracks parking lot was always available. Always re-tell the story with my old RAF Woodbridge goombahs when we get together of drunkenly driving down the road in foggy darkness of the english countryside, and banging on the dashboard of my DAF 66 to get the lights to work. Somehow we survived...
    • Yeah, I was quite smitten with the Miata when it first came out. It was like a reincarnation of a classic British roadster - and I LOVE those!  One of my very few life's regrets is that at one point I was oh-so-close to buying an MGB - but ultimately, I didn't go through with it. That would have been so much fun (but frustrating too apparently)!  They don't make them like that anymore - all the beautiful chromed parts, etc. Sweet! But unless you're someone who's both inclined and willing to become your own mechanic, upkeep can get too pricey for my budget. 
    • if your battery is going down overnight, it shouldn't be taking much for them to find the circuit that's drawing it down. 
    • Well, I opened this thread with good intentions... and 90 percent of the replies were, in fact, very informative - so thank you all for that. However, now that's it's descended into ridiculous toddler-like squabbling... it's no longer serving any useful purpose, is it? So, I'm just gonna lock it down! Disappointing... I must say.  
    • Around here they do line maintenance once a year around the main lines.  They trim back trees, in fact they completely topped some large trees on a line that cuts through the woods next to my house. They seem to contract companies year round. I see them surveying at least twice a year in spring and summer.  My power lines are buried from the main. I feel bad for the saps who are on side streets that barely get looked at. But we live in the woods, technically.. so I dont expect much from them.