Sign in to follow this  
Lecky

What the cluck

I just read an article that the USDA approved to allow american poultry companies to send chickens to China for processing and then they will be shipped back for consumption. We will breed , feed , then slaughter the chickens then ship them off to a country that has absolutely no food prep guidlines, and very limited sanitary restrictions. The poultry companies would have to pay someone in the U.S. Around $11 an hr to do it here and in China they pay about $1 an hr. I am so disgusted how this government continues to sell out the American people. It's all about making a buck at any cost.

I saw that on fox news two weeks ago, it is a disgrace..

to top that off  i have a customer who owned salem packing slaughter house/breakdown pack and ship.  the government employees Inspectors make an absorbent amount of money if they work holidays they get paid double time 1/2 so what he had to start doing was shut down on government holidays or he would run in the red big time.. well he was late paying for cattle that he purchased and the government agricultural agency fined him 400,000.00 + for paying late if you google it it will come up he ended up selling the business last year to a saudi co. GO FIGURE... WTF and who comes up with those fines holy crap..

And what did our Government do last year they tried seizing a bunch  of cattle on the Bundy ranch WTF is going on!!!

I hate to wear a tinfoil hat but i may just start to sleep with one on..CANT F'N HURT..

I just read an article that the USDA approved to allow american poultry companies to send chickens to China for processing and then they will be shipped back for consumption. We will breed , feed , then slaughter the chickens then ship them off to a country that has absolutely no food prep guidlines, and very limited sanitary restrictions. The poultry companies would have to pay someone in the U.S. Around $11 an hr to do it here and in China they pay about $1 an hr. I am so disgusted how this government continues to sell out the American people. It's all about making a buck at any cost.

I'm guessing that statement was directed at the govt, not the US chicken processors.

Our current administration is working to kill all small business, one regulation at a time

The scary thing is our food packaging requirements are garbage too. I'd say I will never buy any chicken that went to china, but who knows if we'll even be able to tell.

This 100%.

They do their best, aided by our corrupt gov't to hide where things come from.

A lot of pet treats with say "packaged" or "distributed" from a US address, but who the hell knows where these products actually come from.

aannnndddd nafta opened the doors to this crap.

China isn't part of the North American Free Trade Agreement.    If you are referring to international trade in general, it predates NAFTA by quite a bit.

I'm not saying this sounds like a good idea, mind you; I'd rather my chickens were processed locally...but if I was the business owner, I wouldn't be happy if the government was all up in my business, restricting sale and purchase, requiring all manner of permits, likely subject to bureaucratic whim and capricious delays...arguments familiar to us here.

Also check out the you tube video of the pig farm in the carolinas. There's a drone that records some unbelievable footage.

Thats sort of it really, your food can be mishandled in the US just as much as elsewhere.   As much as I don't want the chinese handling my food, they do manage to feed a billion people without killing too many

One of my projects for this spring is to find some local sources of chicken, which in NJ might be odd.

The fundamental transformation by Progressives (of both parties) of our once top-rate nation into a third rate schitthole.

Truly disgusting.

That really has nothing to do with it. Don't make the mistake of thinking everything is red vs blue. There are a lot of lefties very concerned about the quality of food, and there are many righties willing to sell their mother for dog food if it makes them an extra dollar.

China isn't part of the North American Free Trade Agreement.    If you are referring to international trade in general, it predates NAFTA by quite a bit.

I'm not saying this sounds like a good idea, mind you; I'd rather my chickens were processed locally...but if I was the business owner, I wouldn't be happy if the government was all up in my business, restricting sale and purchase, requiring all manner of permits, likely subject to bureaucratic whim and capricious delays...arguments familiar to us here.

I think that when it comes to our food supply and hostile overseas communists, that's actually one of the few places the federal government could intervene and set policy to protect our nation IMO. 95% of what the federal government does violates the Constitution, but this is exactly what they were meant to be doing.

I'm also reading that a portion of our fish are going to China to be processed them sent back to the states for consumption. I am sickened.

Next time you at a shoprite look for their frozen Alaska willd caught salmon and see where it comes from.