Howard

Amazon Prime for only $72 today 1/24/2015 only

USA: Amazon Prime, on sale for $72/yr, Saturday, 1/24/2015 ONLY

Regular price, $99 a year.

Prime benefits:

Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 20 million items across all categories, unlimited streaming of tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes with Prime Instant Video, one million songs and hundreds of playlists with Prime Music, early access to select Lightning Deals and access to more than 800,000 books to borrow with the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library.

http://amazon.com/Transparent

NOTE - This is only good for new members and will not work to extend your membership :(

Thanks!   I signed up for the trial and it just ran out.  At $99 it seemed a bit steep for the amount I buy from Amazon especially seeing I don't use the music or movies.  At $72 it's a go for one year, then I'll have 12 months of data to see if will keep it. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201133690

1. Go to Amazon Student sign-up .

2. Submit the sign-up form.

3. Click the verification link in the e-mail we send to confirm your e-mail address to complete the sign-up process.

Note:

• If your .edu e-mail address isn't listed on your Amazon.com account, that's OK. The only e-mail we'll send to your .edu e-mail address is the verification e-mail.

• If you don't receive the verification e-mail, go to this page and follow the steps to re-send the confirmation e-mail. To prevent Amazon.com's e-mail from going to your spam or junk folder, add [email protected] to your contacts or safe list. ...

Has anyone actually got shipping in two days?  Mine is always 3 to 5 days, usually 4.

Also, alot of times the sound stops working on the movies when watching on the roku. I have to rewind one minute to make it work again. Anyone else have this problem? 

Has anyone actually got shipping in two days?  Mine is always 3 to 5 days, usually 4.

Also, alot of times the sound stops working on the movies when watching on the roku. I have to rewind one minute to make it work again. Anyone else have this problem? 

Wow they must not like you.  I have sometimes gotten stuff in 18 hours of ordering it.  I have never have anything take more than 48 hours if it was Prime qualified.  Don't use Roku, but when I stream stuff to my Samsung 4K TV I never have issues.  Perhaps you are having an issue with the bandwidth of your router.  Some routers have settings where you can prioritize bandwidth to certain devices or certain applications - perhaps that might fix your problem.

It seems im in the minority. I think Amazon prime stinks. Every movie you have to pay for and most of the shows I want to watch are not covered or pay as well.

You may be in the minority but you're not alone.

I had amazon for a year before the price went up to $99.00. The digital content plain sucks. There's nothing there that I would want to watch.

However having the convenience of ordering a 50 cent widget and having it delivered for "free" in a couple of days can't be beat.

It's just not worth it to me at $99.00. But I'm in at $77.00.

I just got couple of deliveries.. ordered Saturday evening and they are in today. I didnt think they would make it, but they did.

You should complain to them about missed deliveries. If they promise a 2 day shipping, take money for it, they better deliver. I read stories about folks getting free membership extension when the orders are delayed. If the theme is recurring and you are not satisfied, ask for cancellation and FULL refund.

Even at 99 bucks it's a bargin.

The wife and I do a good amount of online shopping, the free two day shipping pays for itself in no time...

I've always had good luck anticipating what I want to buy by 4 or 5 days and using the free shipping option.   Even cheaper!