Lecky

Pinned stock

Any good autoparts story will usually have a good selection of roll pins as well. Usually where I get mine from. My local NAPA has drawers full of them. Cool Part of that is you can select what you want instead of buying an assortment with 50 pins you will never use. I like buying what I need for a few cents each.

Most people pin their stock, because it is somewhat removable, in case they need to swap out the stock or something. There is no NJ law stating that it has to be a pin. You just need to prevent it from telescoping. Since there's no straight place to pin that, i would suggest epoxying the mechanism shut.

If you want, figure out which position you want to have it at, remove the stock, place some epoxy in that buffer tube hole and slide the stock on. This will glue the stock pin to the buffer tube. Then, get some epoxy into the mechanism of the stock latch (i know it's a big part on that BCM stock), and this will prevent the adjustment mechanism from being used.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/02.jpg Hi guys can anyone please give a hint where I should pin this stock? Do I need to worry about the spring? How many should I install?

You pin it where it feels comfortable to you as a shooter. Once you pin it it basically becomes a fixed stock. You have options before you drill and insert the pin. Don't drill the actual buffer tube you drill the square part of the tube that hangs below the cylindrical part. A roll pin in the round part would make your buffer angry at you!

Start this video around 7:11, only thing I do differently than this guy is I drill all the way through, so I can remove the pin at a later point in time without having to drill out the pin. Way easier to just knock it out with a punch if you want to move it, because you want to change the position. The way this guy goes halfway means you can only drill to remove it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bsDvBc4w4eA

I actually just buy another tube and stock if I want a different position, I have a few in a couple different lengths already made up if I Change sights and need different eye relief or whatnot. Buffer tubes are cheap enough imo.

Do you guys think the stock (bcm gunfighter) I posted in #8 can be pinned at the bottom or should I buy a different one? I would hate to have wasted $60 on something I can't use. Thanks.

Yes it can be pinned, you just have to be sure you drill in the correct area. Like in the video I posted.