JohnnyB

Two questions regarding current gun law..

Realistically, my copy of the P2P would have the sellers address on it. I don't see a problem there as I came from the sellers house as far anyone would know.

I am not stupid enough to mention Dunkin Donuts to anyone, let alone a LEO at a car stop!

No, no, no...

You do not lie to the cop who pulled you over and apparently had PC to search your car.

You clam up and call your lawyer.

You especially don't lie to nj police about where you bought a GUN from ANOTHER COP, whom the arresting agency WILL be calling.

There's nothing in the way the law is worded I'm aware of that says you can't buy a gun from a private seller at any location.

The seller in this case is LEO, and is exempt from possession in exempt locations only. He can be in posession of a hand gun anywhere in NJ.

The way i see it as long as the buyer after taking posession, goes straight to an exempt location, what law was broken? The act of taking posession outside an exempt location? Where in the law does it say: "the private sales transaction must be completed in an exempt location."? I agree in most cases the seller isn't allowed to be in a place that isn't exempt, with a handgun to make the exchange. But this is different because this seller, is legally allowed to possess anywhere he wants to.

I'm a master plumber btw not a lawyer, so I may be interpreting incorrect here.

Youse guys are way overthinking this. He is just a guy looking to sell a pistol. Doesn't matter if he is a cop or not. All the same rules apply. I've sold pistols FTF to cops, one that was in uniform. No big deal. All your paperwork is in order. Buy the pistol and drive away. Simple, done.

(Yes, I said youse)

Youse guys are way overthinking this. He is just a guy looking to sell a pistol. Doesn't matter if he is a cop or not. All the same rules apply. I've sold pistols FTF to cops, one that was in uniform. No big deal. All your paperwork is in order. Buy the pistol and drive away. Simple, done.

(Yes, I said youse)

But, but, but, this is NJ. Home of the Scared. Land of the Tin Foil Hatters.

Damn!! I cant believe all the drama revolving around the purchase of a firearm - This alone should be reason enough to leave the state

I've never met one that wasn't honest yet.

I've only met a few that were honest 

A guy from Jersey walks into a Dunkin Donuts in Elizabeth and says, "I'm here to buy a gun. You seen any cops around?"

He couldn't come meet you at a crackhouse in Camden? ;)

This reminds me of a guy I knew that bought a can from a dealer in Philly. It was like a bad 80s movie. How showed up at a warehouse where there where rows and rows of Chinese women sewing textiles. He was supposed to walk to the back, knock on a door, and once inside they opened up all the weapons cabinets for his inspection and selection.

I went to an MG dealer in Allentown (he's dead now) that worked in a really bad neighborhood. I opened the front door and I think it might have been a small apartment building? He was on the left in a room a little bigger than a bedroom. I go inside and it's the dealer, what I think is a homeless man, two giant safes, a desk, and crap everywhere so you can't walk around without moving it.

Fox,

The Crackhouse in Camden gets the PRIZE, lol!  Wiping-off monitor now.............  A bad 80's movie is a close second, lol!

Always the Entertainer......a trait I've grown to respect and enjoy!

Last in line

For your consideration, here's the law:

You do what you feel comfortable with.

You do need to go straight home, though.

I'm going for the pop corn.

Not to split hairs but make sure "place of purchase" is not defined somewhere else in the law to mean something other than plain language, e.g. "a licensed dealer, gunsmith, or range" vs. "anywhere the purchase is made."

Because clearly in NJ it is not legal to bring a handgun to a Dunkin Donuts willy nilly unless you have a carry permit. It may even be illegal if you're a cop: Don't you have to list which gun(s) you'll be carrying? From the seller's perspective, what if the purchaser refuses it or even better doesn't show up? 

Between the time you'll spend getting there, then driving home, then driving back to work, and the fact that it's a used .22 semi-auto that you haven't even seen much less shot before, and all this uncertainty why not just buy the danged thing new?

I'm curious as to how an officer of the law came to possess this sissy firearm (before I get flamed I own two .22 handguns), and why he's getting rid of it. Was the evidence locker getting over-crowded? 

I'm curious as to how an officer of the law came to possess this sissy firearm (before I get flamed I own two .22 handguns), and why he's getting rid of it. Was the evidence locker getting over-crowded? 

Cop shows up and opens the trunk.

"Sorry, the .22 is no longer available. But I got a couple Raven .25s and a .38 zip gun you might like to see."

Cop shows up and opens the trunk.

"Sorry, the .22 is no longer available. But I got a couple Raven .25s and a .38 zip gun you might like to see."

O-K, you REALLY have to stop this shit!  My monitor isn't used to bathing more than I do, lol!

Seriously, it amazes me that people will get on here and ask the stupidest shit:  Hey Everyone, if I commit a felony because a Cop says it's O-K, but I don't step on any cracks in the sidewalk between Dunkin Donuts and my house, will you still respect me in the morning, lol?  Jesus H. CHRIST!  Some of these questions we get shouldn't be plastered all over the interwebs, lol!

Dave

Computer Screen Janitor-extraordinaire (I use Bounty paper towels)

All you anti-conspiracy nut nuts had better read this carefully:

ROCKAWAY BOROUGH — Police dubbed the operation "extra sugar."

They said the 29-year old Dunkin’ Donuts employee was soliciting sex while working the drive-thru during her overnight shift. Rockaway Borough police had been watching since mid-June, according to Detective Sgt. Kyle Schwarzmann, and saw her enter several cars.

Today, Melissa Redmond, in her first interview since she was arrested last week, fought back, offering her side of the story.

"I am not some whore," she said, choking back tears.

The scene of the crime:

34s4cid.jpg

All you anti-conspiracy nut nuts had better read this carefully:

ROCKAWAY BOROUGH — Police dubbed the operation "extra sugar."

They said the 29-year old Dunkin’ Donuts employee was soliciting sex while working the drive-thru during her overnight shift. Rockaway Borough police had been watching since mid-June, according to Detective Sgt. Kyle Schwarzmann, and saw her enter several cars.

Today, Melissa Redmond, in her first interview since she was arrested last week, fought back, offering her side of the story.

"I am not some whore," she said, choking back tears.

The scene of the crime:

34s4cid.jpg

I bet tears are not all she choked back.