Sell682

Whats your go to HD firearm and do you have a backup?

Good alarm system is first.  Second is a pair of Siberian Huskies [next upgrade might be Siberian Tigers :) ]  From there we go to a Glock G22 with mounted light/laser loaded to 15+1 with critical defense .40 cal in one location and a nice .45acp 1911 in another.  Also keep a fire extinguisher and can of bee spray by the bed.  As a worst case backup just in case have a phone that should reach 911 :)

I have firearms scattered across four locations (soon to be five when I get an appropriate pistol safe). Making a guess as to the two most likely locations I'd need to arm myself, I have a P229 and VP9 with weaponlights placed as my "go to" guns. I've made it sort of a late new year's resolution to become more proficient in long arms and would like to eventually look to my AR to fill a role.

I live in a high rise apt building with security guard, so the chances of being broken into are kind of slim.

That being said, I have an alarm system and a Glock 19 and Glock 20 fully loaded with Hornady Critical Duty - and always one in the pipe.

Pistols, revolvers, scatterguns and M-1 to either "reach-out" or penetrate walls, doors, or whatever needs penetrated, lol

Suffice to say I won't give specifics on a public forum, lol!  I can tell ya this though....Mr. Trouble will go out on a PLATTER!

It would be a mistake to base your HD strategy on someone else's.  What works for them may not work for you.  There are many websites where you can find the info to help you develop your own setup.  I enjoy reading Massad Ayoob's site, he is one of the top authorities on the topic.

It would be a mistake to base your HD strategy on someone else's.  What works for them may not work for you.  There are many websites where you can find the info to help you develop your own setup.  I enjoy reading Massad Ayoob's site, he is one of the top authorities on the topic.

Any particular website you recommend?

Any particular website you recommend?

While not specifically a HD/SD site, Ayoob contributes much to this site.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/author_index.html

There are also many videos by Ayoob on YT.   One example.

Ayoob may be one of my favs but he certainly is not the one and only resource.  While there may be some stigma attached to the prepper/survivalist culture, there are plenty of tips on the subject written by quite sane people.  For instance.

http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/best-home-defense/

This should get anyone interested started on their research to develop a plan.