MedicYeti

First Aid, Trauma care and optional CPR

I reached out to a former employer who does a lot of training. He offers 2 classes; a basic bleeding control which is 2 hours and focuses on bleeding control. The other class is written by the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians and is geared toward the public, not EMS workers. This is an 8 hour class that is first aid and traumatic injury instruction. It comes with a certification and a text book. I asked about cost and he says it depends on the overhead and number of people attending.
The course description: "first responder" can be anyone who chooses to help, prior medical knowledge isn't needed.
http://www.naemt.org...stResponse.aspx

CPR can be added to the class if there is interest, it's an extra 2 hours.

I used to do a lot of teaching; Paramedic, EMT, American Heart Association classes but have cut back to spend time with my family - this is why I'm no longer employed with this guy. I'm not benefiting from this, I just know him to be knowledgeable and a good instructor.
If there is interest and about 10 people to commit to the class he will run one.

I am a resident of Cape May County for more then ten years and have developed the "Cape May County Mantality"; meaning "up north" could be Burlington county or Canada.

Is the Bridgewater Area acceptable (understanding this is just a general idea, a location still needs to be secured). Late March/early April. On a weekend. Thoughts.

I am a resident of Cape May County for more then ten years and have developed the "Cape May County Mantality"; meaning "up north" could be Burlington county or Canada.

Is the Bridgewater Area acceptable (understanding this is just a general idea, a location still needs to be secured). Late March/early April. On a weekend. Thoughts.

haha copy that. im in bergen county.

Bridgewater is an hour away from me, I think it works for me personally.

Its an hour for me also, North. It has to be kept centrally located to get the most interest, even though the location is already in favor of the North which is fine. If there is truly interest in doing this dont give the OP a hard time organizing it. Its a pain in the ass to get something like this done here.

Hello. I haven't forgotten. I have been researching and talking to places in the Bridgewater area, still looking late March, early April. I am open to suggestions. One of Near by departments has an appropriate area but is asking a lot so I'm still looking.

Class materials will be about 80/head (CPR is additional). This includes the books, the bandages, hand outs, ano other items. Add on a location ($500 for one near by FD) and divide by number of students.

Sorry for being non-committal I'm still working on this.