Dr.Jimmy Rustler

shooting remanufactured ammo through my glock

typically i buy PMC bronze and Aguilla 45 when their on sale for my glock 21. I recently saw 

http://www.freedommunitions.com/45-Auto-230-gr-RN-p/fm45r230r-b0250.htm

45 ACP from freedommunitions, they have good reviews on the 45 but then i was considering some .223 which had a bunch of bad reviews. just curious what you guys think since its significantly cheaper. would you shoot it in your gun?

Some here on this board have no problem with this manufacturer, a few reported possible problems they feel were caused by the ammo. I do not shoot reloads I have not reloaded myself.  I do not like the fact they buy brass from anybody for reloading, too many variables for my taste. To each his own.

I've had good experience with 9mm and .45acp from them, but lousy experience with .38spl and .357mag.  I might use them again for semi-auto but never again for revolvers.

Basically, I had to send ammo back because it would jam the cylinders, sometimes to the point of not even allowing the cylinder to close once loaded.  AFAIK their QC needs work.  They stood behind it no problem, but who needs the aggravation?

alright, im gonna order some new ammo from them for my glock and some .223 reman.

won a $200 amex gift card at work, cart total=$199.60  :sungum:

edit-damn website wont take a gift card cc. anyone know a way around it?

-called, they don't take gift cards. guess gifted money isn't good enough. dumb. anyone know of any websites that do take gift card amex for ammo?

alright, im gonna order some new ammo from them for my glock and some .223 reman.

won a $200 amex gift card at work, cart total=$199.60 :sungum:

-called, they don't take gift cards. guess gifted money isn't good enough. dumb

Use your credit card. Pay your credit card with the gift card.

My wife and I have shot at least 8K 'reman' rounds of 9, 38, 40, and 45 with an issue rate no more significant than other factory rounds we've shot. She's almost exclusively Glock; I'm Glock, Sig, M&P and HK autos. S&W revolvers.

No, they are not 100.0% flawless. Considering their price and performance (and free shipping when offered) they are fine for practice. And don't overlook the brass trade-in credit. I've got another 35 pounds going back next week. Cha-ching.

I've run their .45, .223 and .380 without incident. My case of 9 just showed up so add that to the list. It's been a couple k of .45 alone at this point. My dad did get shorted a few rounds in one order. Don't know if he followed through on it though.

I'd even argue it's cleaner than american eagle.

I've used lax reloads as well. Generally order from whoevers cheaper or in stock at the time

I would recommend checking your ammo from them...  Maybe just my bad luck but I've caught 3 bad rounds (9mm round seated in far too deep and (2) .223 reman rounds with really badly damaged case necks) in the last 2 months from their new and reman line.

aside from the 3 that might've done some damage, i've shot roughly 3k rounds of mixed calibers (new and reman) without any real issue

I would buy factory stuff - I've shot thousands of the cheap Russian 9mm ammo (Tula, Wolf and Brown Bear) through my G17 and aside from the occasional hard primer, no problems at all. Some ranges won't let you shoot bi-metal ammo, I see them create sparks at the steel plates at the back end of the range.   

won a $200 amex gift card at work, cart total=$199.60  :sungum:

-called, they don't take gift cards. guess gifted money isn't good enough. dumb. anyone know of any websites that do take gift card amex for ammo?

Btw Freedom Munitions has free shipping specials quite often. Good time to stock up ;)

I have shot over 2000 rounds of Freedom munitions 40sw in my 22 with no issues. I can also say that at work they buy like 40.000 rounds of factory at a time and at the range last year I found a few rounds were the bullets were loaded into the brass upside down. We would get failers sometimes as well. Thats why you should practice how to get back into the fight weather factory or reman ammo. Could have been a bad lot but what ya going to do right. I think that the issue with reloads is that if you just get them from some guy who cooked them up in his home lab you have no way of knowing his QC process with brass powder load head space ect... With major companies like freedom munitions the would be using  standards like factory new just with reprocessed brass.

Just my 2 cents!

Good Luck!

I've run tons of rounds of there ammo in all my calibers including my G23 and never had any real problems. Whenever I've had bad rounds I emailed them and they shipped me a free box of ammo. It's mostly what I use for range ammo now.