scarecrow

Dick's Sporting Goods

Dick’s had a rifle I wanted at a great price and they are not too far from me. Never bought a firearm from them before now.  All involved there were professional and competent. But dam, everything checked and double checked, pay for NIC’s before paper work is filed out, manager’s approval, walk you to register etc. Took an hour at least to complete purchase. Dam I hate to think what it would have been like if they were busy. :fie: Oh and by the way, they had 222 round boxes of Winchester 22’s in the back room. One box to a customer and only with firearm purchase.

Which Dick's did you go to?  I've been to Woodbridge, South Plainfield, Princeton and East Brunswick.  

The one in Woodbridge automates stuff now in the computer - it's not too bad.

Near the Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing...yeah they got this giant touch screen you use to enter all your info and then it spits out all the paper work nice and neatly printed.

Dick’s had a rifle I wanted at a great price and they are not too far from me. Never bought a firearm from them before now.  All involved there were professional and competent. But dam, everything checked and double checked, pay for NIC’s before paper work is filed out, manager’s approval, walk you to register etc. Took an hour at least to complete purchase. Dam I hate to think what it would have been like if they were busy. :fie: Oh and by the way, they had 222 round boxes of Winchester 22’s in the back room. One box to a customer and only with firearm purchase.

How much, and why with only firearm purchase?

How much, and why with only firearm purchase?

No 22 LR in stock for sale to public. Said they had only 1/2 case in in back and had received no recent shipments. Only offered to those who purchase gun. One box of Winchester containing 222 rounds per customer. $13

Store policy.  Some stores hold some ammo in reserve in case someone buys a firearm and doesn't have any ammo for it.  Gander Mountain does that.  They had nothing on the shelves in terms of .22LR but when I bought my Henry Golden Boy from the Scranton store, they offered me 5 bricks of CCI Mini mags too... of course I had to jump :)

The one in Paramus is pretty good, they had some issues with staffing ages ago.

You would get there and they would not have anyone at the counter because the guy did not show up.

Now they are pretty good.  Bought a shotgun a while ago and it was pretty quick.

90% percent they have a decent stock of the advertised items.

I gained so much respect for my local (Mays landing and Millville) Dick's stores during the ammo craze. You may have had to wait in line in the morning to get ammo BUT they never ever price gouged. I would call and they would tell me  when the next delivery was and what was coming in and I was just some guy on the phone. During the crunch everyone, and I mean every gun dealer I called or visited was trying to charge double for ammo........ and not ashamed of it.

I was never a customer of theirs prior to this but now I go there for all my sporting needs. They earned my business..........

I never bought a gun from them because the ones I wanted they could not get me but if they could of I would have bought there in a second.

I gained so much respect for my local (Mays landing and Millville) Dick's stores during the ammo craze.

I lost all respect for Dick's after this:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-12-18/dick-s-pulls-guns-at-store-closest-to-newtown-shooting

Any word on whether the store in Wayne has firearms yet?

was at the costco next door today getting a Interstate car battery(great price) so stopped in Dicks real quick and nothing yet and nobody had an answer.  no ammo yet either.

I agree. Coraopolis, PA is outside Pittsburgh and has a fairly large bleeding heart demographic. That decision did not really surprise me.

I agree. Coraopolis, PA is outside Pittsburgh and has a fairly large bleeding heart demographic. That decision did not really surprise me.

There are just so many other great places to give my money to anyway. No one at Dick's knows me by name when I walk in. (Other than two people I know that work at Rockaway). I can walk into RTSP, Ramsay outdoor, or Simon Peter any day and the guys/gals there know me. I'm not just a number. That's another reason I'm not a fan of Dick's. No expert help on hand. The people they hire are there for a "job" not a "career".

That's where I bought mine black Friday for $100 more. Same safe.

It should be marked down to half what you paid then. It's not a scratch I'm talking about, it's a dent with a hole that i'm sure compromises the fire proof rating.

It should be marked down to half what you paid then. It's not a scratch I'm talking about, it's a dent with a hole that i'm sure compromises the fire proof rating.

That's probably about half of what it sells for not on black Fri. It's a $1500 safe normally. I'm sure someone could go in there and probably talk them down more. Bring it to a body shop on the way home and have it fixed for less than new still.