ARNut

Guns Shops Reviews - Good and Bad

most forum vendors here are awesome

ty @ midwestpx (thanks again for shipping fast as hell lol - already arriving tomorrow!)

tom @ oakridge firearms

steve @ monmouth arms

paul @ estrella ordnance

have yet to buy from george @ plumstead but I only hear good things

JT @ JTcustomguns - I knew I forgot someone..

Still forgetting a few...

buy with confidence

agree....

Add Jack from JT Customs to that list. Great experience with him. Very friendly

Agreed.  Jack is great.

Also, though not a NJGF Vendor last I checked, does post here now and then... Tom and Omri at Howell Gun Works on Rt 9 S in Howell.

Ottomanelli's - The GOOD they have a really sweet inventory, they seem to get in guns that are top of the line and heavily coveted. The BAD thing is the absurd prices!  Easily $50 (or closer to $100)+ more than most places for the same gun.  IMO, nice to look around and staff is knowledegable but just horrible, horrible pricing. 

Luciano's Guns and Ammos - small store, literally in the neighborhood.  Small selection but GREAT pricing.  I know if I spend money here, I am getting a whole lot of value!  Wish they had more selection, but maybe its a good thing for my wallet.

On my list to check out: Caso's in Jersey City.
from this thread, it looks like a good place.  I've talked on the phone about pricing on a few guns and they seem very reasonable and friendly.  

• Like 1

Good: Luciano's in Lodi, yes he doesn't stock a whole lot but he can order you almost anything. So go browse Ottomanelli's & RTSP because they have a great selection and call Joe up and tell him what you want, he will beat their prices and then some. For example I got my LWRC IC-SPR from Joe for $2050, RTSP sells this same rifle for $2700 & Ottomanelli sells it for $2900. The gunsmith joe uses does fantastic work and looks flawless.

On 1/30/2018 at 7:56 PM, JR88USMC said:

Good: Luciano's in Lodi, yes he doesn't stock a whole lot but he can order you almost anything. So go browse Ottomanelli's & RTSP because they have a great selection and call Joe up and tell him what you want, he will beat their prices and then some. For example I got my LWRC IC-SPR from Joe for $2050, RTSP sells this same rifle for $2700 & Ottomanelli sells it for $2900. The gunsmith joe uses does fantastic work and looks flawless.

^^^^THIS 100% Cant beat Luciano's prices, if you know what you want, call him, he'll order it. Great guy to deal with

Garden State Armory in Warren. Very kind people. I went in a few times before I made my first purchase and they were always helpful and nice.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What’s their prices like? Their website prices look steep

In our area i’ve found Lou’s in Raritan and Cheyenne in Manville have the best pricing. Don’t know much about Middlebrook Firearms

4 minutes ago, GramGun79 said:

+1 for Bob at Cheyenne. Best prices around.

I've actually never bought from Bob, but spoke to him on the phone once and he was really nice. Def would in the future or get gunsmithing work done from him

I think it makes sense, if possible, to support the firearms retailers located relatively near your home.  Or at least give them your first look to see if they have or can get what you want, as well as the last chance to meet the best price you have been able to find elsewhere.  You may be pleasantly surprised....

Several years ago I purchased 3 handguns from Ottomanelli's.  They were/are very conveniently located next to  the Gun For Hire / Woodland Park gun range, where I was a member at the time.  While their gun prices were higher than most of their competitors, they provided me with top notch customer service, including gunsmithing work to install a number of after-market components, at no cost to me.  It was their good selection, accessible convenience and very accommodating customer service that made me a repeat customer for about two years.

I subsequently joined the RTSP range and was very impressed with their facility, extensive selection and personal attention provided to me by everyone, including the counter sales staff, instructors, SRO’s and range owners.  Their MSRP prices are on the high side but I have benefited from negotiating a mutually acceptable discount on several handguns and a shotgun that I purchased from them.  They also served as my FFL for a rifle I purchased out of state that they then made NJ compliant for me once they received it. They have also performed multiple gunsmithing work for me either gratis or for a very reasonable cost and time frame.

While price is an important aspect of firearm purchasing, it is just one factor that to consider in the selection of which firearm retailer you choose to patronize.  Overall satisfaction in how you are treated throughout the shopping and sale transaction, the ease of the required NJ and NICS paperwork process, as well as the quality of any subsequent work they do on the firearm, are all equally important aspects that should be factored in to who you choose to do business with.

Good luck on your next purchase experience wherever it may be....

AVB-AMG

RTSP is on the high side, but when I first got in to guns a few years ago, they went above and beyond in helping me find what was the right fit for my budget and my needs. Sure I could have went to a smaller FFL and ordered something, but RTSP had a great inventory selection at the time where I could see multiple rifles in person before I committed to purchasing what I wanted.

On 7/14/2017 at 10:36 AM, peacewalker said:

Ottomanelli's - The GOOD they have a really sweet inventory, they seem to get in guns that are top of the line and heavily coveted. The BAD thing is the absurd prices!  Easily $50 (or closer to $100)+ more than most places for the same gun.  IMO, nice to look around and staff is knowledegable but just horrible, horrible pricing. 

Luciano's Guns and Ammos - small store, literally in the neighborhood.  Small selection but GREAT pricing.  I know if I spend money here, I am getting a whole lot of value!  Wish they had more selection, but maybe its a good thing for my wallet.

On my list to check out: Caso's in Jersey City.
from this thread, it looks like a good place.  I've talked on the phone about pricing on a few guns and they seem very reasonable and friendly.  

I have the same experiences.  Otomanelli's is my go-to store to see and feel but I have never bought from them.  Too expensive.

Luciano's is not bad for custom orders.  No inventory to speak of but he will quote you via email.  I bought a Ruger 10/22 and his price was less than internet order when the FFL transfer costs are factored in.

I have bought twice from Caso's and they are great.  A pain to get there and park but an excellent staff and inventory.  They try hard to get your NICS completed to save a second trip.