gleninjersey

LOTTERY - WHO WOULD STAY IN NJ

Lottery fever hit my office. One of my coworkers took up a pool. I don't want to be the only one coming into the office the day after the drawing so I pay my $5 insurance premium.

I'm sure many other work places have the same thing going on. I m just curious how many people would stay in NJ if they "hit it big". So when your coworkers are dreaming about how they'll spend their windfall, ask them if they'll stay in NJ.

I would stay in NJ.. Ill be honest.... Nj is a great place to live... Sure Taxes Suck... Gun laws Suck but overall i love it :)

That being said...... I would of course have a Home on a square mile in PA and Maybe Montana. I would get my guns there :)

I would keep my current house until my kids finished school. Maybe 'divorce' my wife so she could keep the NJ residence with kids here until they move on to college. Me, have a 'residence' like an apartment in PA until we figure out taxes, estate planning for the kids. My needs would be simple, a modest house and a hunting cabin someplace with land adjacent to a farm or other large tract. The rest would be for the next generations.

Should have just posted this in the "What are ya drinking?" thread :)

The day I left Jersey I might have said something similar. All that money, I'd have a home in Jersey as well. There's nothing in Jersey that couldn't be fixed with 7 neutron bombs. One of the largest pristine aquifers in the country, Pine Barens, cedar water, Coastal Physiographic Plain Province, fertile soils and great produce, ponds in the south, hills and lakes and streams in the north.

A year after leaving Jersey I realized there is so much evil there that it probably couldn't even be flushed out of the soil. New Jersey is like The Pet Cemetery. The earth has gone sour, and sometimes dead is better.

I would become a very well funded agitator. I would flood urban areas with pro-2A propaganda and propagandist. From my ranch in Montana.

Guerilla warfare. I love it. Fund primary challengers. I Wouldn't be happy until liberals in Jersey spat out my last name with the same venom they do for the Koch Brothers.

Should have just posted this in the "What are ya drinking?" thread :)

The day I left Jersey I might have said something similar. All that money, I'd have a home in Jersey as well. There's nothing in Jersey that couldn't be fixed with 7 neutron bombs. One of the largest pristine aquifers in the country, Pine Barens, cedar water, Coastal Physiographic Plain Province, fertile soils and great produce, ponds in the south, hills and lakes and streams in the north.

A year after leaving Jersey I realized there is so much evil there that it probably couldn't even be flushed out of the soil. New Jersey is like The Pet Cemetery. The earth has gone sour, and sometimes dead is better.

You managed to kill this thread already LOL

Guerilla warfare. I love it. Fund primary challengers. I Wouldn't be happy until liberals in Jersey spat out my last name with the same venom they do for the Koch Brothers.

Definitely upset the apple cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda like the anti-Bloomberg!  I love it.

i'd probably stay. there's a p-38 for sale in oregon(i think). in the ballpark of 100 hours on the airframe since restoration, 1 hour on each engine since major overhaul, and zero hours on props since major overhaul. i'd buy that. then get the certs i need to fly it. then south jersey would be seeing ww2's finest flying overhead at least once a month.

i'd also buy a home in pa.

Id stay. Other than the taxes and gun laws for the most part I really like NJ. I lived in Western PA for a while but I came back. However if I won the lottery I would buy a large chunk of land (50 acres minimum) in the White Mountains of New Hampshire and build a nice cabin and use that as a vacation property. Oh yeah id also have a personal chair lift built on the property for me to snowboard. I bet it would be fun to shoot targets from a chair lift LOL

First I would not waste my money on the lottery, investing in it is just flushing money down the crapper - you have a better chance of getting hit by lightning.  That said, if you were to win big there would be no reason to move.  You would have enough money that gun laws would not apply to you, you would be one of those that could buy a judge and get whatever permits you wanted.  You also would not care about the taxes or the cost of living. :)

Hell, I can't get out of Jersey fast enough as it is.....even a smallish lotto score would send our plans to vacate into hyperdrive!!

Already have the ranch in the middle of nowhere.....just want enough to comfortably retire there.

I'm gone in a 'Nj' minute. I would consider the 10 states NJ is directly opposite of.

FYI, you aint gonna beat NJ out of its share of the taxes if you were a resident at the time the ticket numbers were drawn.  Just not going to happen.

1). Move to a Rocky Mountain state where I'd get the most favorable tax treatment

2) Cash in the ticket

Only problem with the plan is that statistically, to EIGHT significant figures, the odds of winning the powerball lottery are the same whether you buy a ticket...

...or don't!

I would never stay..  im not a NJ native..  i dont have children (school systems dont matter to me)..  taxes suck..  gun laws suck...  no family here..  wife's a NJ native, but her family has pretty much all moved out of NJ..  absolutely no reason to stay (other than my job, which i would not even give them notice before them never hearing from me again)

FYI, you aint gonna beat NJ out of its share of the taxes if you were a resident at the time the ticket numbers were drawn.  Just not going to happen.

You haven't earned it until you take possession.  I bet you could tie their tax lawyers up for years.   Spending a 2 million to save 10 million strikes me as a bargain.

I would become a very well funded agitator. I would flood urban areas with pro-2A propaganda and propagandist. From my ranch in Montana.

This. Except I'd be across the river in PA starting my WWI & WWII machine gun collection. I'd go to law school and hopefully learn from pro-2A attorneys. Sooner or later Evan Nappan is going to want to retire. I'd also groom some democratic candidates to unseat the scum currently residing in Trenton.

This. Except I'd be across the river in PA starting my WWI & WWII machine gun collection. I'd go to law school and hopefully learn from pro-2A attorneys. Sooner or later Evan Nappan is going to want to retire. I'd also groom some democratic candidates to unseat the scum currently residing in Trenton.

this wouldnt be necessary if you moved out of NJ....

just sayin'

:D