gleninjersey

LOTTERY - WHO WOULD STAY IN NJ

What if you don't buy the ticket in NJ?  I think you'd be subject to the other state's laws and taxes no?

I believe the way the lottery works, since you are a NJ resident at the time of purchase, you will have to pay NJ taxes no matter where you bought it.

I would dedicate some money to opening a range in the meadowlands. There is so much room there for a really nice facility for long range rifle and skeet. Whats with this NJ bashing? It isn't perfect but it still is a pretty nice place to live. A life of complaining and loathing is a miserable life. Lighten up!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I would dedicate some money to opening a range in the meadowlands. There is so much room there for a really nice facility for long range rifle and skeet. Whats with this NJ bashing? It isn't perfect but it still is a pretty nice place to live. A life of complaining and loathing is a miserable life. Lighten up!Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Guess you don't own property, have kids, new cars, etc. NJ has the highest insurance rates, highest taxes, more cars and more people per square mile than any state. You have to bust your ass to live here, let alone deal with such a corrupt state.

NJ in itself is not a bad state land wise. But living here all my life and fighting to make ends meet, I have no further desire to pay into a state that just takes my money and imposes draconian laws and ways of a corrupt political system that only just wants your money and gives you just a little squat just to appease you. So screw NJ... If my wife was retired, I'd be gone by now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What I find amazing is how everyone kills this state for living..and how unconstitutional it is..and how corrupt it is...but they have NO problem staying or coming here to make money...if you think its so bad and dirty here and violates your rights..then refuse to live here period..and dont live elsewhere and commute here to make money..if youre such a spokesman on rights and freedom..then grow a set and dont have ANYTHING to do with this state...if you talk a good game about freedom but still have no problem working here or drawing a pension from here you have zero credibility..the fact is the population is still growing..they build 55 and over housing and it sells out in months.homes at least in my area are selling for good prices in a reasonable amount of time...the roads are packed daily with people working and going about their lives...malls and restaurants are packed...reports of the mass exodus from NJ are grossly exaggerated and are usually presented by those who moved and are looking for justification.

For goodness sake as bad as you can make New Jersey look, it's still a fantastic place.  You have to watch out about people who complain and moan and grumble about everything - they aren't doing themselves any favors.  You find serial complainers everywhere, they complain and complain and if you listen long enough you start complaining too and before you know it you are miserable as well.

You can be miserable in paradise and happy in awful circumstances.  Work on your inner peace of mind!  If you aren't happy and find yourself complaining all the time, then work on your happiness for a while.

If you are miserable and always complaining you will never convince anyone of anything.  Nobody takes advice from miserable people for the obvious reason that nobody wants to become miserable themselves!  Why would anyone take advice from someone who is angry and unhappy, unless they themselves desire to be angry and unhappy as well?  You can have logic on your side and it doesn't make any difference whatsoever.  And on top of it you will not enjoy your life.

Compared with just about everywhere else in the world, we have it made here.  We have relatively stable government, safety, food, water, shelter, and opportunities that are the envy of the world.  Things could be better but things could always be better.  As you try to make things better, you can be miserable and upset, or you can be happy.  It is up to you.

If you want to make things better, then be happy and work constructively toward improvement and you will accomplish more, convince more people, and have a better life. 

Being angry, grumbling, complaining, and miserable is not constructive and if you are looking to convince others that your point of view is better, you never will if they look at you and see you as a miserable person.

I have seen chronic complainers everywhere I have been in life and they never end up ahead with that attitude.  It is unhealthy and counterproductive and it sets them back every step of the way.

Once you achieve your own happiness, then you are in a position to enjoy life and be a good example to others when you seek to convince them that your point of view is the right one.

You got some brass balls with those types of comments. I've lived here all my life for over 56 years! It was not always this way and I've worked hard since I was 13.... Don't effing tell me how great or easy it is now!

The comment regarding leaving.....I've tried several times. But this state has a ball and chain on you. If I could, I would leave in a heartbeat. So stop pissing down my neck and tell me it's raining. You like it here and are comfortable doing it, good for you. But unless you are on the wrong end of the stick and busting your arse, you cannot convince me or anyone, anyway. Ya sound like one of those rich libtards.

This thread is a load of crap. Jersey is a shit hole. People who don't realize it have never lived any place that wasn't a shit hole. As for the "Rich Libtards" comment, since when are conservatives poor? This is just more biased Jersey drivel. I am a Libertarian and I'm wealthy. I worked my ass off to get here. I pay more taxes than 99.3% of America and I like small government and guns. The only regret I have is not serving in the military like my Marine older brother. Its not just a left vs right thing in NJ either. There is an added layer of narcissism and cluelessness, especially amongst my social peers that is above other places I have lived. The best people I have met here were actually my hunting buddies, who range from just getting by to well off financially. When we are together all that goes out the window, and we are just brothers enjoying our time together. In this state these people are a dying breed

Just to clarify. Rich Libtards was a poke at the asshats that think it's great. Most may not be that way. But when comments like above were made how great it is, are the NJ Complacent Alliance which could give a ratz arse what happens. They'll live anyway some lying politician tells them. They have no interest in anything unless it affects them. They got the bux to survive and only smirk at others who struggle. Most here I'd like to think are not like that as you are here defending rights. In any other light, call it what you want. It's the Pussification of America and NJ is on the leader board. I think I've been here long enough to defend the facts. You can accept them or not, I can care less. I've been there, done that, bought the T-Shirt. I smell trolls among us.... >:-(

Here is a good example. Watch it to then end, you'll see. It's only about 8 or so minutes. Then maybe you will get it and it's only one reason.

Just for the record I was born and raised in NJ, I have lived in FL and western PA, and I came back to NJ because I really do like living here. Sure their is some shitty parts about living here but In my experience any place you live has something shitty about it

The reasons we're still here:

1. Four parents averaging age 85-86 who live in Hudson/Bergen. As far from anywhere worth moving to as you can be in this state. 

2. Wife (teacher) still has 3 years to go for her pension. 

Even if we won a few million I'd eventually be spending half my time driving from Squeedunk to various parental chores.

But mark my words, this shithole is the last state in the U.S. where I'd voluntarily live. And not just because of guns.

What I find amazing is how everyone kills this state for living..and how unconstitutional it is..and how corrupt it is...but they have NO problem staying or coming here to make money...if you think its so bad and dirty here and violates your rights..then refuse to live here period..and dont live elsewhere and commute here to make money..if youre such a spokesman on rights and freedom..then grow a set and dont have ANYTHING to do with this state...if you talk a good game about freedom but still have no problem working here or drawing a pension from here you have zero credibility..the fact is the population is still growing..they build 55 and over housing and it sells out in months.homes at least in my area are selling for good prices in a reasonable amount of time...the roads are packed daily with people working and going about their lives...malls and restaurants are packed...reports of the mass exodus from NJ are grossly exaggerated and are usually presented by those who moved and are looking for justification.

I don't commute to Jersey, I don't pay any taxes there, but most of the money I make I pull straight out of Jersey and I do pay to have my trash hauled to Jersey. Does that violate my principles?

I'm currently conflicted. Some of you may know I was planning to try and become a dentist, but working as a pharmacy tech has cured me of any desire to go into healthcare.

Now I'm about to graduate and look for a job with my biology degree (probably pursue a masters later.) ANYWAY, I'm torn because my Poppop died in September, and my Aunt is really gung-ho to sell off hsi house superquick, as she's not good with financial decisions. I'd like to buy that house and keep it in the family, as it's where I spent most of my childhood,  and Poppop designed it himself.

BUT, I really don't want to live in NJ. My gf lives in PA, and so far we've been talking about living there. 

If I won the lottery, it would make it easy. Maybe I'd buy my house in PA, and my Poppop's house, fix it up, and keep it as a rental property until someone else in the family wanted to move in. Sadly I don't think that I'll have a fulltime job, or be in a position to buy that house before my aunt pressures us to sell it.

I don't commute to Jersey, I don't pay any taxes there, but most of the money I make I pull straight out of Jersey and I do pay to have my trash hauled to Jersey. Does that violate my principles?

NO!!! Everybody should take advantage of everything these shitass governments offer them. Even the most egregious welfare queens. You Mipa are not a queen, but maybe a princess? Take everything you can get because everybody else is doing it, and you've probably paid into it already. 

Even considering my wife's upcoming pension NJ will never pay me back what I've paid them. Never. EFF them. 

I'm currently conflicted. Some of you may know I was planning to try and become a dentist, but working as a pharmacy tech has cured me of any desire to go into healthcare.

Now I'm about to graduate and look for a job with my biology degree (probably pursue a masters later.) ANYWAY, I'm torn because my Poppop died in September, and my Aunt is really gung-ho to sell off hsi house superquick, as she's not good with financial decisions. I'd like to buy that house and keep it in the family, as it's where I spent most of my childhood,  and Poppop designed it himself.

BUT, I really don't want to live in NJ. My gf lives in PA, and so far we've been talking about living there. 

If I won the lottery, it would make it easy. Maybe I'd buy my house in PA, and my Poppop's house, fix it up, and keep it as a rental property until someone else in the family wanted to move in. Sadly I don't think that I'll have a fulltime job, or be in a position to buy that house before my aunt pressures us to sell it.

Friend, my wife and I both hold PhDs in science. She's a cell biologist, I'm a chemist. We have more publications in peer-reviewed journals than Obama and his wife x 3, and we went to 2nd-tier schools not Harvard and Columbia. Every so often wifey gets nostalgic and asks what it would have been like if we'd stayed in science. "We'd be living in a cardboard box by now because we'd have been unemployed 10-15 years ago." Sad but true.

We have friends with PhDs who are still, in their mid-50s, not fully employed. It's pathetic. My specialty, organic chemistry (which is more responsible than any other subject for the growth in overseas medical schools) is totally dead. All those jobs are outsourced to Chinese and Indians. You might as well get a degree in Tree-Hugging Lesbian Lingual Clitology.

If you'd like to discuss real-life career possibilities please message me. I can possibly help you get a job in sales or marketing at top firms with which I have very good relations. At least then your work ethic and skills will matter.

It's a good thing I wasn't drinking coffee when I read that. :)

I imagine that course will be offered soon at Rutgers if it isn't already. I have to think the ability to major in useless topics like race/sexual grievance mongering might be contributing to the lousy employment rates among recent college grads.

Smash the Patriarchy (but let it fund my birth control and college loans first)!

You might as well get a degree in Tree-Hugging Lesbian Lingual Clitology.

You got some brass balls with those types of comments. I've lived here all my life for over 56 years! It was not always this way and I've worked hard since I was 13.... Don't effing tell me how great or easy it is now!

The comment regarding leaving.....I've tried several times. But this state has a ball and chain on you. If I could, I would leave in a heartbeat. So stop pissing down my neck and tell me it's raining. You like it here and are comfortable doing it, good for you. But unless you are on the wrong end of the stick and busting your arse, you cannot convince me or anyone, anyway. Ya sound like one of those rich libtards.

+1

I would buy myself a diploma and credentials from a prestigious law school, buy my passing results for the bar exam, then buy myself a judgeship on a county court someplace in NJ. Then I would approve every cary permit application that passed over my desk. If you wrote down "afraid of my own shadow" for justifiable need, I would sign on the approval line.

^^^^^^^. LMAO

I have lived in NJ my whole life and have too much family here to move out completely. I would however buy vacation houses in Florida and a neighboring free state(Del or PA). Eventually reside out of NJ more than 6 mos a year and make one of them my primary residence.

Oh yea, if I hit the lottery for an extreme amount of money, I would donate a very large amount of it (millions) to the NRA, SAF, ANJRPC, and NJ2AS. Then for fun, purchase time on every billboard in the state and make it pro2a.

It's fun to fantasize. Helps take my attention off the "no unreasonable deviations" thorn in my Axx.

I don't play. "Lottery: A tax for people who are bad at math".

But while I think we'll always maintain an abode here at the Jersey shore, we don't plan to die as New Jersey residents.

In my "road warrior" days I was typically out of the state for more than half of the year, so this isn't difficult to do, and make it "official".

Daughter just started "dream job" #2 in Philly after balance sheet of "dream job" #1 employer in NYC began to implode.

Our chances of buying another home outside of NJ soon have increased. Wife is retired -- NJ State. I'm partly retired, and I telecommute so we can live almost anywhere on the planet that has decent internet access. We own a fairly modest house, the property taxes are outrageous enough. We'd like a larger house -- we've been looking for the last 8 years -- but resist the idea of being screwed with NJ taxes even more than we are now.

pa-sign.jpg

I've spent less than half my life in NJ and will be finishing the move to Texas next week. Just by leaving, I got a $500/month pay raise because I don't have to pay state income tax anymore. I've lived in 7 different states and NJ was by far the worst as far as Cost of Living, taxes, over-crowding and corrupt political climate. And the weather SUCKS!!!