Norseman

Dick's sale

Hmmm ...I just assumed once I bought my two I wouldn't be allowed to buy any more. I'm gonna see if I can pickup another 2 boxes today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its linked to your score card because the coupon price didnt come up until the card was scanned. I have one and my fiance has one. I didnt try twice on the same card.

This convinces me the ammo will be banned. These corporations are in bed with the government - they're gonna dump their cache on us at a good price and then try and take it back for free. AND make us felons for owning it so they can use that as an excuse to confiscate our guns.

I'm not following...you think the business strategy of these for-profit ammo companies is to first cut prices on existing stock, and then stop sales to consumers entirely?    

It's a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory. Dicks makes plenty off everything else. They're selling this ammo like hot cakes and the ATF is already announcing they're gonna ban this ammo, correct?

I thought you were referring to the ammo companies.  I don't know if the American Eagle ammo is covered by the impending ban or not (I would have thought not), but I doubt Dicks is planning to sell it and then somehow get it all back later in order to...well, there wouldn't be much they could do with it.   Nor do I think they want our guns confiscated.  That won't help their bottom line, either.

My conspiracy theories of corporate behavior don't go much deeper than expecting them to do whatever they can to maximize profits.

I thought you were referring to the ammo companies. I don't know if the American Eagle ammo is covered by the impending ban or not (I would have thought not), but I doubt Dicks is planning to sell it and then somehow get it all back later in order to...well, there wouldn't be much they could do with it. Nor do I think they want our guns confiscated. That won't help their bottom line, either.

My conspiracy theories of corporate behavior don't go much deeper than expecting them to do whatever they can to maximize profits.

I picture AE selling as much as they can to Dick's at a discounted rate, who then turns a profit buy cranking them out the door to us - both of them having already been forewarned by the government that they are gonna ban this ammo so they get rid of it and don't lose all the money THEY have invested so that the government can then confiscate it back from us, brand us felons and take away our guns. I know it's a tinfoil hat conspiracy ...but it IS possible this was all considered by them.