Burns

Verizon's offering more deals to its own customers

I found this on the web and I was able to make the change to my account on Verizons website. Just thought I would pass it along to my fellow 2A supporters.

A lot more Verizon Wireless (VZ) customers finally have a chance to benefit from the ongoing mobile price wars and reduce their bills, but they may need to pick up the phone or hit the company’s web site to grab the best deals.

Rampant price cutting in the mobile market has been a huge boon to consumers. T-Mobile (TMUS) got things started almost two years ago with lower monthly rates and, slowly, the competition has followed. Until now, especially at Verizon and AT&T (T), much of the benefit has gone to those willing to switch providers, as many deals were offered only to new customers.

That's started to change in recent months as Verizon’s latest price cuts are becoming available to millions of existing customers. For example, last week, Verizon cut $10 per month off the price of its 1 GB, 2 GB, 3 GB and 4 GB plans. Existing customers can qualify but the cuts don’t go into effect automatically. To get a discount, consumers have to call customer service, visit a store or change their account online. The offer is termed a limited time promotion, so the cuts may not be available in a few months.

I don't really know what Verizon Wireless is reducing, but my Verizon Residential bill has grown at least 20% over last years, it has NEVER EVER stated all fees upfront (e.g. when I first signed up for it, I have chosen a plan that was stated as "$29.99 + mandatory fees". Ya know how much I paid then? $42!!, almost 30% more than the stated price. 

And the fact that kills me most - for almost 60 bucks or so I get residential internet that is 10 or more times WORSE (slower, with higher ping etc.) than I was getting in an essentially a "third-world country" (at least as it is usually perceived from the technological point of view) called Russia where I've been paying $15 or so a month for true 100Mbit internet access (I guess even FiOS does not have such a speed).

So, sorry for saying this, f**k VZ :)

(yes, there is one thing that almost every person from Europe who moves to the US notices immediately - telecom prices here are ridiculously f**g outrageous with quality and speed of services that were easily available in major European metro areas 10+ years ago for a fraction of price)

I found this on the web and I was able to make the change to my account on Verizons website. Just thought I would pass it along to my fellow 2A supporters.

A lot more Verizon Wireless (VZ) customers finally have a chance to benefit from the ongoing mobile price wars and reduce their bills, but they may need to pick up the phone or hit the company’s web site to grab the best deals.

Rampant price cutting in the mobile market has been a huge boon to consumers. T-Mobile (TMUS) got things started almost two years ago with lower monthly rates and, slowly, the competition has followed. Until now, especially at Verizon and AT&T (T), much of the benefit has gone to those willing to switch providers, as many deals were offered only to new customers.

That's started to change in recent months as Verizon’s latest price cuts are becoming available to millions of existing customers. For example, last week, Verizon cut $10 per month off the price of its 1 GB, 2 GB, 3 GB and 4 GB plans. Existing customers can qualify but the cuts don’t go into effect automatically. To get a discount, consumers have to call customer service, visit a store or change their account online. The offer is termed a limited time promotion, so the cuts may not be available in a few months.

i was gonna get mom onto verizon, 'cause at&t was screwing her bigtime. we went to the verizon store, told the dude we were looking to cut her bill, and showed him which phone she was interested in. he comes back out with the phone and a mobile hotspot, offering her a plan for 10 bucks less than she was already paying. i repeated what we'd originally told him, and he stood there and tried to tell her of the benefits of the mobile hotspot....even when we told him she didn't want it. we walked down to the tmobile store, and they put her onto my plan, effectively cutting her bill in half. they didn't try to push anything on her, but rather gave her exactly what we wanted for her.

Had verizon, switch to tmobile 18 months ago. People always say "tmobiles service sucks" i say ok you keep your perfect service and pay $300+ permonth. I have 5 lines with tmobile. Iphone 5,5s,6plus, galaxy s5, and an old flip phone. I get unlimited talk, text and 2.5gb web at 4g speed permonth. My bill $127/month after all taxes,fees etc. I happy saving over $2k/year

Just looked. $40 a month

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

With VZ after the question "How much" one needs to ask another question - "OK, I got how much you want me to think this costs, now tell me, what will be the amount in the bottom line of my monthly bill that I'll have to cash out every month?", LOL

I am almost sure it will be far north beyond 50 and probably even closer to 60...

Just for comparison purposes, my wife and I don't use Smart Phones, don't access the web etc. We only need the phones for convenience and emergency phone calls, and an occasional text message. This month we will both renew our Tracfones for another year of service for the equivalent of $4.16/month. Her phone is serviced through the Verizon network, and mine through AT&T.

I have to try this on my gf plan. I still have an unlimited data plan so I don't think I qualify

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I used to have an unlimited line with ATT, during last years double data sale I now have 4 iPhones sharing a 30gb pool for $177 monthly. I tether my laptop to it as well. Prices have seriously dropped quite a bit!

Even for 4 people. 30 gig?? I said this the last time this topic came up. What are you guys doing so much data on 4g? Watching movies on a train?

Learn to set your apps to wifi only and it will knock down your 4g by 50%. C'mon!!!

Check your kids phones when they are home "why are you on pandora cellular when you are home on the wifi?!?!"

Even for 4 people. 30 gig?? I said this the last time this topic came up. What are you guys doing so much data on 4g? Watching movies on a train?

Learn to set your apps to wifi only and it will knock down your 4g by 50%. C'mon!!!

Check your kids phones when they are home "why are you on pandora cellular when you are home on the wifi?!?!"

Pretty much this, no reason anyone needs that much data. 

I use Verizon not for the price, but because their service works! I can't make money if my customers can't get a hold of me on the phone. Bring your sprint and t-mobile phones out into Oxford in Warren county and we can take the Pepsi challenge as to who's phone works.... if it was 1K a month I would pay it before I switched.

You just have a better Verizon rep then him :onthequiet:

Lol. Yeah my Verizon dude rocks! & my phone itself is pretty powerfull. Sometimes in basements in Panther valley it doesn't work. But outside in people's driveways they work fine. Phones even from a few years ago don't have the balls that today's phones have.

I got laid off in 2013 and they let me keep my brand new iPhone 5s so I unlocked it, paid $10 for a Metro PCS SIM card and now I pay a flat fee of $50 per month for unlimited talk/text and 4GB of LTE/4G data. My bill is never 1 cent over $50 and if I go over my 4GB they throttle me back to 3G. That happened to me the 1st month and then I figured out how to set certain apps to NOT work on cellular - it's never happened again. BUT the service isn't as good as ATT or Verizon but you get what you pay for. I have a Verizon phone from my new company and for $50 a month I can keep all my personal life off my work phone. Not that I think I have anything to worry about OR that I think anyone would be checking what's on my phone but it's just better sense. That being said my gf is trying to talk me into joining Verizon on her plan so we can get a good deal on new iPhones lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got laid off in 2013 and they let me keep my brand new iPhone 5s so I unlocked it, paid $10 for a Metro PCS SIM card and now I pay a flat fee of $50 per month for unlimited talk/text and 4GB of LTE/4G data. My bill is never 1 cent over $50 and if I go over my 4GB they throttle me back to 3G. That happened to me the 1st month and then I figured out how to set certain apps to NOT work on cellular - it's never happened again. BUT the service isn't as good as ATT or Verizon but you get what you pay for. I have a Verizon phone from my new company and for $50 a month I can keep all my personal life off my work phone. Not that I think I have anything to worry about OR that I think anyone would be checking what's on my phone but it's just better sense. That being said my gf is trying to talk me into joining Verizon on her plan so we can get a good deal on new iPhones lol

I put my work BYOD Nexus 5 on MetroPCS - it's ok... but there are many times where I have reception with Verizon that I don't with MetroPCS.. 

Interesting, I just checked if selecting the same plan would save me anything but as I have a legacy plan, the price actually goes up by $10.  I guess the savings doesn't work for all even though I feel like I pay a ton of money for my Verizon plan already.

Also, double check the data usage analyzer.  It states that my son used 3.55 GB last month which almost caused me to blow a gasket.  Looking at the actual usage month by month shows that he only used 1.55 GB last month but bumped right up against the 2 GB the month before.

Pretty much this, no reason anyone needs that much data.

This reminds me of the great ammo shortage of 2013. We used to put up our targets 3 deep to get more practice in using 2/3 less rounds. We also angled the steel plates so one shot could ring 2 plates, saving 10 rounds per steel challenge stage :)

Laugh if you want. I have an older 3G Virgin Mobile android phone. $25 a month (all fees included) for 300 minutes, which I never come close to using, and unlimited text and data. I purchased the phone about 2 weeks before the price was increased to $35 a month. I'm grandfathered for as long as I keep this phone. Which will prob be when it, or I, die!

No it isn't the latest, greatest or most powerful. But I can talk on it, text and access the "internets". It does what I need.

I understand people who rely on their phone for business purposes paying what they do but for a regukar / low usage person there are plenty of oprtions out there.

Eh, I share 15gb with my wife with just our two phablets on the new Edge program. We both use it to tether, watch videos, facetime/google hangout, facebook/instagram, youtube and forums. I had unlimited up until going to the edge program and I need the gigs. Paying monthly for both of our phones and the service comes out to about $160/mo because she has a discount through her job. Yea, she's my suga momma.