siderman

NRA video-72yr old NJ man+flintlock=FELON!

Any links to news sites on this yet? I want to post this on reddit news (reddit.com/r/news) so it gets some attention and hopefully more people will contribute to his legal fund. However, it can't be posted there if there isn't a link to an actual news story. I can't say I'm surprised this isn't being reported on for obvious reasons. I sent the story to Drudge Report.

I just searched nj.com for a story, but no luck.

I'm surprised - they are usually the first ones to jump on a story that they can use to hammer the 2A crowd

(with the exception of the Eddie Eagle visit to Myron Powell School in Cedarville this past week)

I'm surprised - they are usually the first ones to jump on a story that they can use to hammer the 2A crowd

(with the exception of the Eddie Eagle visit to Myron Powell School in Cedarville this past week)

I think a story like this would only help the 2A crowd, which is why I don't expect to see it. Although I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find some nj.com readers that think he should get the max for his heinous crime.

I think a story like this would only help the 2A crowd, which is why I don't expect to see it. Although I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find some nj.com readers that think he should get the max for his heinous crime.

Its likely even nj.com sees the absurdity of this incident but wont (Ihavent checked myself) give it much airtime because it exposes the real truth on oppressive 2A laws here and doesnt want the headlines and comment section to display a hint ofpro 2A sentiment. And also maybe because he' a teacher (well respected lib?) and is reluctant to expose one of their own...maybe I am reaching with that theory....

What also worries me... if true, is that he stated when he refused the search originally, he said the cop replied "do I have to get a dog out here" or something to that effect. That could be code for , you have no 4th amendment rights in a traffic stop. Unless the cop truly had a reason to believe there were drugs in the car, this comment would disturb me as much as the flintlock gangster-gat illegal possession of a handgun charge. So was he stating that because he smelled pot or other drugs, or because he wanted to retaliate because the victim was giving him a hard time? We'll never know.

Another lesson as others said is to keep your mouth shut. In a stop like this, the cop is not there to be your friend. They are looking for trouble to snag you up. Do not consent to anything. Provide only legal documents and your identity. Do not answer any questions like "where are you coming from, where are you heading, do you have weapons in the car, have you been drinking tonight". Just say you reserve your right to respectfully remain silent, and it is nothing to do against you in a polite way. If he did this, the onus would be on the state to prove that he was not going to or from a gun shop or range, and this would most likely not be happening. For this to happen, he must have answered the questions which basically provided testimony that he was outside of possession/transport exemptions.

I was just talking to a buddy of mine who is a Leo in camden county. Apparently they had a old white crack head smash his car up in his town. The guy had an old flint lock under his seat. The dope dealers pay him in rock to drive them around. So I guess you never know Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've heard similar stories about this gentleman, when I asked some people I know in the area. Just what I heard, I have no proof of anything. But it's said that he has a group of drug using young men, that frequently visit his home to hang out and party. The relationship between these young men and this guy are unknown. But the kids he has relationships with have been charged with burglary locally. Some of the burglarized homes had firearms stolen. People in his neighborhood have seen young men unloading items like bikes, chainsaws, ect at his home. Could be the reason for the stop and search. But I'm just speculating. Again I'm not making accusations just what I heard from a reliable source.

so you guys have 'heard" this very guy is a wheel man and associate for some drug dealers, burglers and he himself is a crackhead???

Correct. (Except you left out that he allegedly has minors stay at his home as well) who knows he could be tutoring them in American history?

I'm not telling you what to do. Just that I may hold off on donations until I know more.

The silliness of this case notwithstanding, my instincts tell me that he should know the law and under no circumstances answer questions or volunteer information. Is this poor guy living on cloud 9? "Hey officer, here's my illegal gun!"). 

It would be nice to have a seminar on handling this type of situation. Q&A style, perhaps with pre-screened questions. What if they sold tickets for $50 or 75? Would any of you pay that for a three-hour meeting? I would. Would making a couple of thousand dollars for spending a weekend with NJ gun owners be worth it to someone like Nappen? I'm surprised this never happens.

I also would love to hear both sides of the story. All I have to say so far.... this stems from this past November. If this guy is that bad of a dude, why is the illegal possession of a handgun charge the only one being brought up against him. For public enemy #1 , that's the best they got?

The silliness of this case notwithstanding, my instincts tell me that he should know the law and under no circumstances answer questions or volunteer information. Is this poor guy living on cloud 9? "Hey officer, here's my illegal gun!"). 

It would be nice to have a seminar on handling this type of situation. Q&A style, perhaps with pre-screened questions. What if they sold tickets for $50 or 75? Would any of you pay that for a three-hour meeting? I would. Would making a couple of thousand dollars for spending a weekend with NJ gun owners be worth it to someone like Nappen? I'm surprised this never happens.

There are tons of resources online on how to behave and respond to LE while being respectful and maintaining your rights, I'm not sure it would warrant a class.

I think a class on how to live in NJ while owning guns would be worthwhile for someone who is new to it. The same thing could be accomplished by reading Nappan's book.

Nappen has these types of seminars. I believe there was one either today or yesterday at Woodland park range. Listen to today's GFH radio broadcast. He was on, the reason he was there was for the seminar. There's one of his entire seminars on YouTube as well I'll find you a link uncle Ang.

Here's one of his lectures.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DvFp8uCMgDo

There are tons of resources online on how to behave and respond to LE while being respectful and maintaining your rights, I'm not sure it would warrant a class.

I think a class on how to live in NJ while owning guns would be worthwhile for someone who is new to it. The same thing could be accomplished by reading Nappan's book.

I've seen a ton of those videos. Most but not all of them are acted. Those tactics may work out west; I'm not sure how valuable they are here. Would be nice to have a NJ lawyer weigh in. 

The best I have seen........

"Never Talk to the Police" = perspective from both a Law Professor and a Police Detective (Who is also studying to be a Lawyer).

Please note that I am not a lawyer...I only found that this advice was extremely useful, and pointed-out what's REALLY going on "behind the scenes".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

59236448.jpg

Best post in the history of humankind.

In fact this entire story is just so much awesomeness it's almost better than when Yoda fought with a lightsaber, that much awesomeness in an old crackhead Sandusky who got popped ridin dirty with a 200+ flintlock