siderman

NRA video-72yr old NJ man+flintlock=FELON!

Believe this or not. In like 2000 my buddy Brian stinger was pulled over in Deptford. He had some riced up Honda Civic but it was newer. The cops not only ripped through the car but one stuck his hand down his pants on the side of the road. To this day stinger has never been arrested for anything

I've been asked easily 20 times. Illegal things found? 0

i dont know. what to say... What are you guying doing when you get stopped LOL

iv have NEVER IN MY LIFE been asked if i had weapons or to search....

Shawn... do you drive around in this LOL

20130117_pot-car_612mz.jpg

Believe this or not. In like 2000 my buddy Brian stinger was pulled over in Deptford. He had some riced up Honda Civic but it was newer. The cops not only ripped through the car but one stuck his hand down his pants on the side of the road. To this day stinger has never been arrested for anything

shit.  does deptford have any female cops?  even butch ones.  i could use a free handee.  just need to borrow a civic.  

I wonder what the reason for the search was in the first place? It's not normal for a cop to make a routine stop and demand to search a vehicle. Something here isn't adding up to me. I have a feeling there's more to this story we haven't heard. Just my hunch though. And we all know I hate our gun laws here, as much as anyone else that's not a criminal. I would really like to read the discovery myself before I donate anything.

Agree. There seem to be parts of this narrative that don't add up, nevertheless, this felony charge is not consistent with federal law regarding antique guns. Just ridiculous!

Never consent to search.  Never volunteer information.  Never give up your 4th amendment rights.  Never pass your CCW card (as a PA resident) with your DL unless you are in a state that requires it.   Never listen to "experts" that tell you otherwise.  There is a special place in hell reserved for people who advise others to give up their 4th amendment rights.

Never, never. Don't consent and don't answer any questions. Demand to know what the probable cause is and your lack of cooperation for asserting your 4th amendment rights does not rise to the level of probable cause.

He should have told that officer to bring the dog.

nj.com is running a poll (we all know what the results will be as usual)

http://www.nj.com/cumberland/index.ssf/2015/02/poll_should_antique_guns_be_treated_differently_in.html#incart_river

This was on Yahoo's front page and was talked about on 101.5 this morning so it seems to be getting around.

Antique firearms would be exempt from N.J.'s gun law under lawmaker's proposal

http://www.nj.com/cumberland/index.ssf/2015/02/nj_assemblywoman_to_introduce_antique_firearm_legi.html#incart_river

I dont know, bringing a firearms law in line with federal standards sounds a little to mainstream (radical) for the NJ.democrats.

This is a friggin travesty! I can't believe this state, "The Crossraods of the Revolution", has turned into this mess. On our watch!

Also, are some people saying that this is the same guy that drives those kids around with a black powder pistol under his seat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what the reason for the search was in the first place? It's not normal for a cop to make a routine stop and demand to search a vehicle. Something here isn't adding up to me. I have a feeling there's more to this story we haven't heard. Just my hunch though. And we all know I hate our gun laws here, as much as anyone else that's not a criminal. I would really like to read the discovery myself before I donate anything.

You should talk to my son and his friends.  They get stopped and most of the time the cops ask to search the car.

I know someone who's daughter was stopped a few years ago with her younger brother.  They brought her to tears but she held her ground.

Good thing she had the presence of mind to ask for a female police officer.  My son was stopped and declined to be searched, they held him and a friend

in sub freezing weather for 30 minutes with no jacket on.  They tired to bully him into consenting to a search.  He held his ground, so they gave him a ticked for speeding and of course

for not wearing a seat belt.  The seat belt they always throw in so when you appear before the prosecutor he can be a nice guy and dismiss something that never happened.

Good thing it was a new car.  If you have a clunker they will throw the book at you when you don't consent to a search.

Not saying this is in every town but there is one town in North Bergen county that is notorious for this.

You should talk to my son and his friends. They get stopped and most of the time the cops ask to search the car.

I know someone who's daughter was stopped a few years ago with her younger brother. They brought her to tears but she held her ground.

Good thing she had the presence of mind to ask for a female police officer. My son was stopped and declined to be searched, they held him and a friend

in sub freezing weather for 30 minutes with no jacket on. They tired to bully him into consenting to a search. He held his ground, so they gave him a ticked for speeding and of course

for not wearing a seat belt. The seat belt they always throw in so when you appear before the prosecutor he can be a nice guy and dismiss something that never happened.

Good thing it was a new car. If you have a clunker they will throw the book at you when you don't consent to a search.

Not saying this is in every town but there is one town in North Bergen county that is notorious for this.

I assume your son is also a 72 year old retired teacher? I would expect them to hassle males between 17-25, that's not right but normal. Cops get promotions when they "uphold the laws" and find a bag of weed. Abnormal to demand a search without probable cause, on a senior citizen.

Kudos to your son for knowing his rights and not surrendering them. Sounds like you're raising a smart kid.

But then everyone would carry a 6 gun like the Wild West. Think of the children

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You haven't been paying attention like a decade ago in NY. The official gun grabber term is "the black powder loophole"  NYC and chicago tried to make that one fly and... well it didn't.

There are pieces of the story that are missing.....

I just read this article:

http://www.nj.com/cumberland/index.ssf/2015/02/suspicious_activity_in_drug_area_led_to_antique_gu.html#incart_river

They supposedly charged the driver with drug possession and, according to the article, Van Gilder supposedly admitted they were in the area to purchase drugs. 

I read this article. It has a little more information then the NJ article does.

Check out this article from The Daily Journal:

http://www.thedailyjournal.com/story/news/crime/2015/02/20/ex-teacher-gun-case-trying-buy-drugs-sheriff/23749005/

On searching 72-year-old Gordon N. Van Gilder's van, the sheriff said, officers reported that "used heroin bags were found." A broken scale also reportedly was found.

Heroin is still illegal in New Jersey?

Is the penalty for heroin or an antique flintlock pistol higher in New Jersey? (I'm not sure I want to know...)