siderman

NRA video-72yr old NJ man+flintlock=FELON!

I think we drifted off the topic, happens in these threads.

I am confused. Are you saying this particular law, that Nappen would be arguing against in this case (OP Topic), should stay on the books ?  It appears (I could be wrong) that you support taking this guy off the street using "that" specific law because the system couldnt come up with any better way to prosecute him.

the question is impossible to answer.. because I do not know the situation first hand...

on a purely personal level I have no issue with going for the charge that is useable when it is being applied to get a scumbag off the street.. example.. the police see a known drug dealer sell drugs.. he runs.. but dumps the drugs somewhere.. but when they catch him he has a BB gun tucked in his waste band.. he is then arrested and charged for walking around with a BB gun in his waste band..we then read the story and say "this is ridiculous felony charges over a BB gun" (leaving out the long criminal history, suspected drug dealing, etc.)... we were not there.. we do not know.. he broke a series of laws.. take what you can get even if it is a BS (but legit) charge.. 

on the other hand I am against laws being used to harass otherwise law abiding contributing members of society..

at the end of the day this is why discretion is so important..

Victory hails in the end. They must've seen the writing on the wall there was nothing there in this case. Yes he was in a part of town where there is known drug activity. Does that make him a drug addict? Not at all. I drive down that road all the time in the summer to go to a friends land along the river. Am I a drug addict? Not at all. This road is a main artery into Millville from his town. It just so happens that there is an apartment complex that is a widely known drug area along that road. Everyone who drives past it is not a drug addict. His only reason for stopping was a school bus in front of him. And it just so happens they stopped in front of this one particular apartment complex. I believe Mr. Vanguilder should use the money contributed to his legal defense fund to fight the draconian gun laws in the state of New Jersey.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1424113550.494653.jpg attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1424113560.493416.jpg Toys from my teens I was always accused of being a drug dealer because I had nice cars

That's because the LEO's were jealous they couldn't have nice toys ;)

So if I drive a BMW and I'm under 25 = Drug Dealer or Criminal?

I feel safe in my old chevy moving guns to and from the range, looks like a farm truck you would use to move Mexican day workers around the fields in these parts :D

Wait...I thought BP was exempt in NJ? guess it isn't....

So a flintlock is deadly but all those raven, jennings, bryco, charter, and pheonix arms guns found on the streets are given a pass?

I bet NJSP couldn't figure out how to load it if someones life depended on it.

"New Jersey man won't be charged for possessing 250-year-old antique gun"  http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/nj-man-won-charged-possessing-antique-gun-article-1.2130397

Great, but what about the next unlikely SOB who is caught with one? with they be sent to Trenton State Prison or will they also be given a pass?

the question is impossible to answer.. because I do not know the situation first hand...

on a purely personal level I have no issue with going for the charge that is useable when it is being applied to get a scumbag off the street.. example.. the police see a known drug dealer sell drugs.. he runs.. but dumps the drugs somewhere.. but when they catch him he has a BB gun tucked in his waste band.. he is then arrested and charged for walking around with a BB gun in his waste band..we then read the story and say "this is ridiculous felony charges over a BB gun" (leaving out the long criminal history, suspected drug dealing, etc.)... we were not there.. we do not know.. he broke a series of laws.. take what you can get even if it is a BS (but legit) charge.. 

on the other hand I am against laws being used to harass otherwise law abiding contributing members of society..

Vlad, stop making so much sense. 

So BB guns should remain illegal?

That's part of the plan.  Make everything illegal so you have something you can use to charge anyone.   This is exactly why VanGilder was charged...because somebody thought it would be a good idea if there was some extra stuff that could be used to charge the really bad guys when they did something really bad.  The problem is that once it's illegal, it can be used against you too.

Nothing related to 2A is illegal in NJ. In the interest of Children and Public Safety, there are simply "reasonable" restrictions on who can own, possess and operate - such as being wealthy, connected or being a public agent.  IF there is something really illegal, then it must not be covered by 2A as NJ sees fit </sarcasm>

And if you want a bb pistol you need to get a permit and wait months

At that point you should just get a centerfire pistol...

Because BB pistols are a threat to public safety....all of those drive by shootings in Camden with BB handguns.

Nothing related to 2A is illegal in NJ. In the interest of Children and Public Safety, there are simply "reasonable" restrictions on who can own, possess and operate - such as being wealthy, connected or being a public agent.  IF there is something really illegal, then it must not be covered by 2A as NJ sees fit </sarcasm>

Actually, it's known that if you are "connected" you stand a better chance at being able to own machine guns, assault weapons, and CCW in this State.

Most corrupt State in the nation and for a reason ;)