Lecky

Camping in PA, or Delaware.

Pa is open carry without a permit.  Problem is, they have same transportation rules as NJ (basically), unless you have your LTCF.  So while walking around with a firearm open would be OK, the transportation of the firearm would be the problem, since you are not going to or coming from an exemption.

Keep in mind that a carry permit from any state allows car carry in PA. Even a New Jersey permit to carry a handgun :)

The exceptions are slightly broader as well. For instance, if you are going shooting it is OK to go to or from a "rally point." And, if you are stupid enough to tell a cop you have a gun in your car, I think PA cops (outside of Philly) will give you the benefit of the doubt vs. the exact opposite in Jersey. No warranty expressed or implied :D

Get that Utah permit its still good for something in PA. Car carry with any states permit so no issues driving around pa open carrying. Just stay out of Philly. Delaware is better with open carry and you can in your car without a permit as long as it is visible. Like on your dash or passenger seat. Carry is off limits in state parks so find a camp ground thats not in a state park and then look into the policy of that site. Again i would look into a Utah permit as it makes things easier for both pa and del.

Non resident Utah CCW no longer works in PA. They are very specific that only Utah CCW holders that are residents of Utah are covered under reciprocity. This change was made some time ago..

https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/MainSite/Content/Criminal/FirearmsReciprocity/Utah_reciprocity_agreement.pdf

Non resident Utah CCW no longer works in PA. They are very specific that only Utah CCW holders that are residents of Utah are covered under reciprocity. This change was made some time ago..

https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/MainSite/Content/Criminal/FirearmsReciprocity/Utah_reciprocity_agreement.pdf

This is why I said Utah permit is still good for something in PA. Any state permit regardless of reciprocity will alow you to carry a loaded firearm in your car while driving in PA. Not held to the to and from then. So while it's not good for conceal carry it's still useful in PA. I should have mentioned no go on the conceal part.