louu

Traffic court help

Hey guys heres the story,

I got a ticket for wrong way on a one way street. I went to court to get it changed so I wont get points. At the time I thought I only used the $250 surcharge (get out of jail free thing) once. It turns out I actually used it twice but they didn't look it up and let me do it again. Long story short I need to write a letter to the judge to get that $250 back.

I'm a terrible writer and really have no idea how to even write it. Can anyone who is good with that kind of stuff help me out?

Thanks in advance

So you missed the sign or there was no sign? You got a points ticket changed  to no points and now you want the money back?

You should keep quiet and just suck it up and be more carefull.

This.  If you do happen to get that $250 back, do yourself (and everyone else on the road) a favor and use that to take a driving course.  Sounds like you need it.  You made a mistake.  Own up to it and deal with the consequences.

I am confused. You want the $250 back to take the 2-point ticket? Why? The $250 is a one-time, no point charge.Your insurance will go up. Yes I understand the "no points" if you do not commit an offense within three years.

You want to write the Judge to tell him you want to change your plea and plea to the 2 point infraction? More details are needed..... I am not even sure you can do that for traffic court.

S.

I knew youze guys would say that. I don't think you understand the situation, do you know about the $250 surcharge? I can explain it if you don't. 

I didn't know people typed youze. 

It sounds like he got charged twice erroneously. 

Hey guys heres the story,

I got a ticket for wrong way on a one way street. I went to court to get it changed so I wont get points. At the time I thought I only used the $250 surcharge (get out of jail free thing) once. It turns out I actually used it twice but they didn't look it up and let me do it again. Long story short I need to write a letter to the judge to get that $250 back.

I'm a terrible writer and really have no idea how to even write it. Can anyone who is good with that kind of stuff help me out?

Thanks in advance

Here's your letter:

Dear judge so & so,

I (state your name) recently appeared before you in court for the offense of (driving wrong way in a one way) (summons # blah blah blah) Apparently not only can I not read traffic signs, but I'm also a terrible writer so I'll get right to the point. Along with being a terrible driver and writer, I'm also bad at math, disorganized, & forgetful, it appears I accidentally paid my fine twice. Is there and possibly you could refund me my overpayment of $250?

It would be great if I could get that money back soon. I plan on using it to buy a bunch of M855 ammo before the ATF bans it, and the price has been rising fast! Also since I feel like we're buddies now, and we're on the subject of guns, any way you could approve a cary permit for me? Using self defense for my justifiable need? Anyway to sum up here, Judges rule, your awesome, we should hook up sometime and have a beer (on me of course). Thanks in advance, Your's Truly, (state your name)

No need to thank me for this, you have my permission to copy and paste everything above :)

I think your explanation is ridiculously lacking.  No one understand the issue the way you wrote it.  You used the "get out of jail free" surcharge twice in the SAME INFRACTION?  Or you have done it twice with different infractions?  A little more info is necessary. 

My parents live on a one-way-street and everyone goes the wrong way, including the local LEOs with no lights on. And, they don't even go at a slower speed, but rather are speeding in a residential area.  When I am there and walking with my dog or my children it does not make me happy as there is a reason for the one-way street.   Some people abuse this shortcut intentionally (LEOs), but then some do it accidentally because of the way the signs are placed.  There is a blind curve and a narrow road surface on that street, so there is a reason it is a one-way street in order to avoid head-on collisions.  And, when you are walking on the street, there is no sidewalk and this narrow street would make it more dangerous for pedestrians.  In fact, some clowns do it and back down the street.

Was it accidental, or did you knowingly go down the street? 

I dont understand what the heck the OP is talking about, I want to fine him another $250 for the confusion he caused here

Here's your letter: Dear judge so & so, I (state your name) recently appeared before you in court for the offense of (driving wrong way in a one way) (summons # blah blah blah) Apparently not only can I not read traffic signs, but I'm also a terrible writer so I'll get right to the point. Along with being a terrible driver and writer, I'm also bad at math, disorganized, & forgetful, it appears I accidentally paid my fine twice. Is there and possibly you could refund me my overpayment of $250? It would be great if I could get that money back soon. I plan on using it to buy a bunch of M855 ammo before the ATF bans it, and the price has been rising fast! Also since I feel like we're buddies now, and we're on the subject of guns, any way you could approve a cary permit for me? Using self defense for my justifiable need? Anyway to sum up here, Judges rule, your awesome, we should hook up sometime and have a beer (on me of course). Thanks in advance, Your's Truly, (state your name) No need to thank me for this, you have my permission to copy and paste everything above :)

proof reading FTW..

Hold on here -- Louu is a good guy -- Many of us have met him and shot with him -- He is far from a douche

Now that being said,   have no idea what this thread is about or what he is asking but give the guy a break -- he just did a terrible job explaining -- that is all

Meet me in the parking lot of the Dunkin Donuts on Rte. 23 in Hamburg. Bring a front-loading washer. You load the washer onto the roof of my Nissan and I'll hand you the letter.

You need a front loading washer? I've got a washer and dryer to get rid of in Washington Boro next Sunday/Monday.

Washer is an LG about 3-4 years old and the dryer is about 1 year old...don't remember the brand.

This signature is AWESOME!!!