i find that it depends on your expected use..... any hand gun I buy and decide i'm keeping I try to get 6-8 magazines if I may shoot it at a handgun match. I also pick up any good deal I find for hard to find or afford magazines (Sig, H&K, etc), And when the zombies come I don't want to have to reload rounds on the way to Terminus....   

I'm really bad about mags. If I see a good deal for them, I buy. I probably have 50+ Glock 17/19 mags. Mags are consumables. Shoot enough and they need to be replaced. I like having plenty on-hand.

Totally agree mags are consumables.

I try to keep around 4-5, but that's more budgetary constraints. I feel that if you see a good deal on mags, then it's worth picking them up. Eventually they'll wear out, and you'll have backups, or can salvage  parts or whatever.

But especially since 15-round mags are harder to find (and more expensive when you do find them), I generally just think that picking them up when you see a good price is the best idea.

I have a dozen G19 mags, and about 2 to 3 for all my other guns. Mini 14 I probably have 10 all together but I have 4 of them. I need more 10/22 mags. AR mags I have the most of close to 40 I imagine, some metal most Plastic. Never counted them all, can never have too many of those. Think I have 6 double stack AK mags 4 steel and 2 poly. I could also use a few more 1911 mags.

I like to have at least five. Two to keep at home loaded with HD ammo, three to bring to the range (for the gun and dual mag carrier).

Me too. For my SD pistols, I have 3 magazines for each pistol for the range and two magazines loaded with SD ammo at home - total of 5 magazines. I rotate the magazines every time I go to the range.

But for my "range" pistols, I only keep 3 magazines.

For guns that I plan to use for fun only. 2 to 3 magazines are enough. for SD guns, minimum of 5. As for my AR.........you can never have too many magazines! No time to reload mags when the zombies attack as they

are already dead and it takes more rounds than usual to kill them a second time. :hunter: