Sign in to follow this  
410guy

Florida non-resident permit application process??

I would like to apply for the Florida non-resident Permit, but im a little confused about the applciation process.

Firstly, I was wondering if the NJ Hunter Education card is considered sufficient for the training requirement?

Second, Where exactly can you go to get fingerprinted? I read somewhere that the prints must be performed by law enforcement, and they will not accept prints done by a private fingerprinting company. Is this correct? If so, does anyone know any law enforcement agencies in north or central jersey that are willing to fingerprint you for this purpose?

Thanks for the help!!!

Yes the Hunters Ed is good to go just send in a copy with your app. You order the fingerprint card for free from the Florida website. See the link below and fill out the form, they will send it to your house....

Fingerprint Card

App instructions

Find a dept. that will fingerprint you, or if you know a police officer that will do it for you that is better. My brother did mine, I just stopped by while he was on duty

FOLLOW THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS

the instructions tell you exactly how to fill out the fingerprint card. I would recommend having them send you 2 or 3 cards in case you mess one up, black ink only.

In a large envelope I sent:

-Passport sized photo

-Completed Application (notarized)

-Proof of training

-fingerprint card

-I also included photo id scanned front and back

Or you can just go to Woodland park Range for $50 they will do everything for you in one shot. Notorize your application, take your picture, fingerprint you by leo, and photocopy your hunter ed card. They have the applications on hand. All you need to add is your check in the envelope made out to the department of agriculture. And drop it in the mail. It's a one stop shop.

Got the app and fingerprint card in the mail from Fla.  My town PD did my fingerprints, AAA took passport photos, notarized at my bank, I photocopied my docs - total cost $11 (to AAA).  A bit of running around but was easy.