Malsua

Red Light Runner

No need to guess. I posted in the description that it is Maywood and Central.

I missed that part I thought you said Maywood as the town. I used Maywood Ave everyday for about a month a month ago to work in Paramus. But my commute was at 6:30 AM and 3:00 PM

Wow! my old man lives right around the block from there on Park ave, by the police station. Wasn't him though. Thankfully no one got killed.

HAHA I watched the video and thought to myself "I know that spot!" I do wanna get a dash cam for my car for this type of stuff.

HAHA I watched the video and thought to myself "I know that spot!" I do wanna get a dash cam for my car for this type of stuff.

I want one too.

He's actually not staying there lately. Think he was home last week to get some of his crap to bring back to Illinois. For some reason he is keeping the Maywood house too. I tried to talk him into selling it. I know everytime something is wrong with the place I'm going to get stuck driving to Maywood to fix something. I despise Bergen County, my allergy to liberals always flairs up when I'm forced to travel there. Thank god you're daughter is now going to Morris county schools. Maybe now you won't have to re teach her the way the world really works.

Care to share your thoughts on it?  --  How's it work at night? --  Would you buy it again or have a different choice?

Where did you get it? -- Is it very noticeable from the outside of the car?  

I ran a G1W cam that I bought from Amazon for about a year and a half.  It was perfect during the day but only so-so at night.  This 330 also has a sharper image than the G1W and the G1W had a great image!    I researched and found that the DOD cams are considered to have the best images at night.  No camera is going to have great night vision unless you go exotic(FLIR) and that's way out of my price range.

I bought this cam from NewEgg.  I specifically got the 330 because it does NOT have GPS without the external puck and it helped that it was cheaper than the 430W.  The 430W includes GPS.   I simply don't want to introduce speed into the recording.   I'm not a speed demon but if I'm 5 over(or the GPS faults and says I'm 25 over) and get T-boned through no fault of my own, they're going to have to work at getting my speed figured out rather than just assigning some "contributory negligence" to me because the Cam said I was going X fast.

Yes, it it noticeable from outside of the car but I've not taken any steps to conceal it.

I would definitely buy it again.  If I get one spectacular catch on it that goes viral, it'll pay for itself in hours :)

Your windshield is broken.

Huh, I never noticed that huge crack from one side to the other, and I must have tuned out every passenger when they commented "Hey, your windshield is cracked" as well as any person who gets within 100 feet of the car and feels like they have to inform me that it's cracked.  

The fact is, it's a $450 repair because of the heated wiper park and I'm waiting until it gets warmer before I fix it.

Both are safety issues.

Yes, because a cracked windshield is even close to someone flying through a red light. Let's have a discussion to see which gets someone hurt first. Oh and Malusa, same as you, I'm not about replacing my windshield over a crack while it's still below freezing out. 

I would also like proven facts that cracked windshields are just as much a safety issue as someone running a red light. 

Was sitting at a light at a main heavily used intersection two days ago. I had the red and was waiting. Light changed. A literal 2 - 2.5seconds later a big ol' semi with trailer comes barreling thru his red light. Now, I'm not perfect but I try to wait a little before going thru the intersection after my light changes. God must have been holding me back that morning. I would've easily been seriously hurt or killed. No one was coming my way on the other side of the light. I admit, I just had to sit there for a few seconds in disbelief. Sometimes you just have to wonder.....  and they say guns are dangerous, huh?

I'm not about replacing my windshield over a crack while it's still below freezing out. 

The adhesives take longer to cure at cold temps and an improperly cured windshield adhesive is a MAJOR safety issue.   The fact is, I can't just drop my car off for 24 hours while it sits in a heated shop and cures properly.  If I lived even remotely near a windshield place, this might be possible but I live at least 30 miles from one, so I'm stuck doing it from work and hence will need my car later the same day.

This particular crack is just off the bottom and it isn't in my line of sight, so I'm going to wait.  Shrug.

Thats why more red light cameras are needed. For stuff like that.

yea, 'cause we all love it when some tard stands up on his brakes for an amber light because he's afraid that that camera will go off even though the light's not read.

yea, 'cause we all love it when some tard stands up on his brakes for an amber light because he's afraid that that camera will go off even though the light's not read.

I got 2 in Newark for making a right on red though entirely legal.  After that I refused to make any more rights on red in Newark.

From a Newark Attorney:

The penalties upon conviction for a violation of  NJSA 39:4-115 are two (2) points and a fine of up to $200. This is another stop/turn related offense that is very defensible. More importantly, there are a number of accepted downgrades that may be offered with this offense that are not typically available with other types of traffic violations. This could save the defendant hundreds of dollar and the points as well.

From the NJ Driver's Manual:

Right Turn on Red
Unless a No Turn on Red sign is posted, New Jersey law authorizes a right turn on a red light after a motorist comes to a full stop and checks for traffic. A motorist must yield to all oncoming traffic and pedestrians before turning right at a red light. Difficult-to-see vehicles, such as bicycles and mopeds, may have a green light, so it is important for a motorist to be aware of their presence. (N.J.S.A. 39:4-115) Always use a proper turn signal at least 100 feet before making any turn, and cancel the signal after completing the turn. (N.J.S.A. 39:4-126)

From the NJ Statutes:

39:4-115. Making right or left turn

The driver of a vehicle or the motorman of a streetcar a. intending to turn to the right or left at an intersection where traffic is controlled by traffic control signals or by a traffic or police officer, shall proceed to make either turn with proper care to avoid accidents and, except as provided in b. below, only upon the “Go” signal unless otherwise directed by a traffic or police officer, an official sign or special signal; or b. intending to turn right at an intersection where traffic is controlled by a traffic control signal shall, unless an official sign of the State, municipality, or county authority having jurisdiction over the intersection prohibits the same, proceed to make the turn upon a “Stop” or “Caution” signal with proper care to avoid accidents after coming to a full stop, observing traffic in all directions and yielding to all pedestrians and other traffic traveling in a direction in which the turn will be made. Both the approach for and the turn shall be made as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, unless such intersection is otherwise posted.

I got 2 in Newark for making a right on red though entirely legal.  After that I refused to make any more rights on red in Newark.

that happened a bit here in south jersey. i think it was the light at blackwood/clementon rd and little glouster rd......many people came to total stops, made the right, and got tickets in the mail.

that happened a bit here in south jersey. i think it was the light at blackwood/clementon rd and little glouster rd......many people came to total stops, made the right, and got tickets in the mail.

Yet the general public thinks I am nuts when I say anything about government corruption.

Yet the general public thinks I am nuts when I say anything about government corruption.

that's the unwashed masses for ya. when they first publicized them in south jersey, i was using the courier post article as proof of what i'd said. when they said i was crazy, i showed them the article. it was mostly bragging about how much money glouster twp had brought in in the first 6 months of using them. there wasn't a single word about whether or not they seemed to have been improving safety at the intersections. they generally walked away silent, 'cause they had nothing at that point.