DeerSlayer

Anyone have any information on this FB post?

While I feel for them, situations like this are a perfect spring board toward national reciprocity and ultimately our ability to carry in NJ.  As more people carry guns in free states sooner or later NJ will have to come around.  Probably will be the last but hey it is what it is.

Cant be arrested for just having a CCW , you need the weapon to go with it. And if they brought it with them into NJ, oh well....................

Second, never volunteer any information. Hand over your paperwork AND SHUT UP.

I pity the NJ drivers who now have to go to PA ,NC and SC. The police there will really start filling their coffers with fine money.

And how that Graves Act was ever past, just STUPID

I feel for them. As a resident of SC, handing your CCW permit along with your driver's license, is probably the norm for a traffic stop. However they have no idea that is a HUGE no-no in NJ. They simply [wrongly] assume "I have a SC CCW, so I should be fine...it's like a driver's license" Only national reciprocity can solve these injustices.

If they actually had firearms on their person then the arrest was lawful - misguided, but lawful. If they simply had firearms with them - unloaded and in the luggage compartment, they should have been covered under FOPA since they were traveling through NJ. This will be a case to watch as details emerge. We may finally have our "poster child"  to combat our draconian laws.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Did a few searches.  Couldn't locate anything related.

If this is true, Nikki Haley (SC Gov) needs to gather the facts and then make a phone call to Christie to rescue her constituents from this swamp.

This state is like a speed trap for CCW folks from other states.

What problem is being solved by arresting CCW permit holders from other states as they visit or pass though here?  If anything, they may find themselves in a position to save someone's ass while they're here.

I'd like to see Christie try to equivocate on the logic behind this.

edit:  why would a family from SC contact the NJ2AS in this situation?  To find a lawyer?  How would they even know about NJ2AS or know how to contact them?

Cant be arrested for just having a CCW , you need the weapon to go with it. And if they brought it with them into NJ, oh well....................

Second, never volunteer any information. Hand over your paperwork AND SHUT UP.

I pity the NJ drivers who now have to go to PA ,NC and SC. The police there will really start filling their coffers with fine money.

And how that Graves Act was ever past, just STUPID

Oh well....? Thats not very nice. If we dont start sticking together we'll never get anything changed in this state. I' m thinking if this story is true theres more to it. Like dual residency or something. Seems highly unlikely that a SC family knew about the NJ2AS when 7/8 of NJ residents don't.

Well here's the story as to what happened, and a petition to sign to have Christy free the Marine, sentenced to a year in jail. After brandishing a firearm after being threatened by a gang banger. I signed.

https://www.change.org/p/chris-christie-pardon-for-richard-zahn?recruiter=308293897&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_twitter_responsive

Well here's the story as to what happened, and a petition to sign to have Christy free the Marine, sentenced to a year in jail. After brandishing a firearm after being threatened by a gang banger. I signed. https://www.change.org/p/chris-christie-pardon-for-richard-zahn?recruiter=308293897&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_twitter_responsive

Signed it, this is the Allen case all over again, except this guy is a decorated veteran and he actually had to use his firearms in self defense, without discharging them

This happened in February, 2014! Here is another version of the story calling it road rage against a couple! http://www.nj.com/bergen/index.ssf/2014/02/southern_gentleman_nc_man_pointed_rifle_at_hackensack_couple_in_road_rage_incident_cops_say.html

You will have to copy and paste the URL since my IP is blocked and I am posting via a free proxy server!