dajonga

Cherry Hill area gun shops?

There is a little shop attached to a used car dealer called J & J on the White Horse Pike in Clementon also, maybe 15-20 minutes away. Outside of that, I think Banger's down in Winslow might be the next closest "big" store, but that would be probably a 30 minute ride if I ventured a guess.

I stopped in at Rayco today. Nice enough guy, but a real small shop with nothing really that interesting to look at. If I drive by it again someday, I will stop in, but it is not a "destination" shop.

I heard from a friend the guy at rayco is a real piece of work and he one of those "I know everything and you don't anything" types. Again second hand story, hopefully it's not the case. I have purchased from Bangers, it was a pleasant purchase

This is true.  I hate to badmouth one of ours, but I've learned that he isn't one of us.  He argued with me before about several NJ issues and it turns out that he is for many of our opposition's points - universal background checks, FID/PPPs, etc.  On top of that, he gave me several price quotes for guns that I ended up finding for $300-$400 less (on 3 or 4 separate occasions) at Sportsman's Center, Cheyenne Mtn, or other private FFLs. 

I used to live in Merchantville and I was really excited when he opened.  He turned out to be the biggest disappointment and I wouldn't throw a buck back at him.

if you're interested in dealing with home based ffl, i can pm you the number for one right in stratford. that also is only about 10 minutes from here. i've dealt with him several times, and never left unhappy. he's a really cool guy too.

This is true.  I hate to badmouth one of ours, but I've learned that he isn't one of us.  He argued with me before about several NJ issues and it turns out that he is for many of our opposition's points - universal background checks, FID/PPPs, etc.  On top of that, he gave me several price quotes for guns that I ended up finding for $300-$400 less (on 3 or 4 separate occasions) at Sportsman's Center, Cheyenne Mtn, or other private FFLs. 

I used to live in Merchantville and I was really excited when he opened.  He turned out to be the biggest disappointment and I wouldn't throw a buck back at him.

his opposition to rights is disturbing. i've seen him quote prices on farcebook.....always high. when he posts something without a price, he seems slow to get back to ya when ya pm for prices.........

also, check out bobs little sport shop in glassboro. if you go 295 to 42 to 55, then exit for the college, it only takes about 25 minutes to get there from cherry hill. super nice people in there, and back when everyone else was gouging on pretty much everything after newton, his prices seemed to be remaining sane.

Been to J & J gunworks and bought a few guns there.  Small shop but nice helpful guy and he will find pretty much anything out there if he don't stock it. About 15 minutes from Cherry hill area.

re: rayco armory merchantville,NJ          

"This is true.  I hate to badmouth one of ours, but I've learned that he isn't one of us.  He argued with me before about several NJ issues and it turns out that he is for many of our opposition's points - universal background checks, FID/PPPs, etc.  On top of that, he gave me several price quotes for guns that I ended up finding for $300-$400 less (on 3 or 4 separate occasions) at Sportsman's Center, Cheyenne Mtn, or other private FFLs. I used to live in Merchantville and I was really excited when he opened.  He turned out to be the biggest disappointment and I wouldn't throw a buck back at him."

I can't comment on buying firearms from rayco, but he is fine for FFL transfers. Sorry to hear that some posts are complaining about his politics. I go there to do transactions, not discuss pros or cons regarding NJ gun laws. If he is too expensive for guns, buy it somewhere else or on gunbroker. If you live in the merchantville/cherry hill/pennsauken area, he is nearby.  I think it is a good idea to support small mom-pop stores as there are very few stores in Southern NJ.  http://www.raycoarmory.com/

Been to J & J gunworks and bought a few guns there.  Small shop but nice helpful guy and he will find pretty much anything out there if he don't stock it. About 15 minutes from Cherry hill area.

J & J gunworks is another option. Run out of a used car repair storefront w/ no firearm signage. Small mom/pop store. 310 White Horse Pike, Clementon, NJ 08021. (856) 784-1910. https://www.facebook.com/pages/JJ-Gunworks/264824410347186https://www.facebook.com/pages/JJ-Gunworks/264824410347186

J & J gunworks is another option. Run out of a used car repair storefront w/ no firearm signage. Small mom/pop store. 310 White Horse Pike, Clementon, NJ 08021. (856) 784-1910. https://www.facebook.com/pages/JJ-Gunworks/264824410347186https://www.facebook.com/pages/JJ-Gunworks/264824410347186

i've not been there yet....but my matco tool dealer services this guys shop too. he has nothing but good to say about the guy.