Tom-NJ2AS

Virginia Glock Commercial

So I'm traveling this week. First in Virginia then on to Michigan. So I'm in my hotel room last night and a commercial came on for Glock handguns. I couldn't believe it. Oh free America. It's crazy the difference between other states and new Jersey. That is all

The local country music station, rebroadcast out of NYC on 94.7, regularly runs ads for The Bullet Hole.

Guns and ammo for sale! Indoor firing range! Novices welcome!

I like to think that someday Bloomberg will hear it in the back of his limo and his head will explode.

I think the only gun commercials I see on TV in PA are commercials for gun shows and ranges. They are on both network and cable stations but these are obviously local or regional commercials. Not a Glock or Colt commercial which would seem to be for a national market.

But yeah, on radio, there are tons of gun commercials of all kinds. I never heard any of that stuff living in South Jersey, even from Philly stations. So I noticed it when I moved here.

When I first moved to PA my wife and I were driving in the car listening to the radio and we hear a dicks sporting goods add come on. It was talking about making sure you were stocked up with ammo or maybe you wanted a new shotgun or rifle for deer season. We laughed and said...guess we're not in Jersey anymore. Lol.