SuRrEaLNJ

is all the panic buying souring you?

So we had the great panic a few years ago, no ammo anywhere, price gouging,etc. Now we have a nother panic seemingly hitting. Ive been thinking about trading out some rife stuff for another handgun as im getting tired of watching all this, particularly with the 556/223stuff. I was wondering if anyone else is starting to not want to deal with certain calibers or if its just me.

The panic is pure BS.  We are talking about one type of bullet when there are at least a hundred different types available.  Write ups make it sound like 223/5.56 is going to be no longer available.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.  We a being manipulated again even by our own in this fight.  We all know what the exalted ruler is up to, loves to double down when losing. Do your part and let the BATFE know you are not happy and they are stepping outside their bounds established with Congressional approval. In fact let your elected officials know about your displeasure as well.   

Nope, The locker is stocked with enough of everything I shoot to keep me going for A while.  Plus I picked up more powder yesterday to supplement the rest of my reloading components.

A panic is only A panic if you allow it to be

This was done on purpose by the Czar and company to punish us for sticking it to him during the last election.  And, because an essentially unarmed public would be beneficial to them for them to continue to carry out their designs. 

I'm only a gun owner for about eight years. I was told by a long timer if you see ammo you need at a good price stock up. Thats what I did. 45 ACP was tough back then. When 9mm got tough I traded 45 for it. 22 was always tough but I just keep plugging away at it and I'll get enough. I bought my AR and all the ammo i need long before any of this nonsence.

I'm only a gun owner for about eight years. I was told by a long timer if you see ammo you need at a good price stock up. .

Yes, good advice.  Buy more than you think you need while prices are down.  It doesn't go bad (at least not for a long time), and you can be a good

citizen by not contributing to the panic buying.

I make a living selling gun stuff.  I hate panic buying.  Steady sales are what I would prefer.  This feast and famine crap sucks.  Especially when many customers feel like all dealers are taking advantage of a spike in demand and labeling us all gougers without understanding basic macroeconomics or that maybe, just maybe, we dealers are also paying more for whatever everyone is panic buying.

I make a living selling gun stuff.  I hate panic buying.  Steady sales are what I would prefer.  This feast and famine crap sucks.  Especially when many customers feel like all dealers are taking advantage of a spike in demand and labeling us all gougers without understanding basic macroeconomics or that maybe, just maybe, we dealers are also paying more for whatever everyone is panic buying.

Well, I think most people see the difference between Midwest PX and Cheaper Than Dirt... I don't think you had $1/round 5.56.

I've been saying that I am going to stock up like no other this Summer. 2016 will be here before we know it, and the panic buying will begin. If I was smart I would build the leaning tower of Pmags at $10/Gen2 then resell them in November when they go for $50 on gunbroker. Talk about ROI.

May be it's just me. I have a decent amount of all my calibers other then 223/556. I haven't had much desire to stock or shoot that stuff. I've honestly thought about dumping my only rifle that eats it for another handgun or something where every time I turn around someone's not crying that it's the end of the world and unleashing the hoarding stampedes. Was kind of hoping I wasn't the only one, I'm not old enough to be this bitter.

Panic buying induced price spikes ans shortages suck, but there is no use in pining over it. It is the new reality and crap will continue to happen like this in cycles. The lines are drawn and politics are polarized more then ever, shots will continue to be fired in both directions and sometimes, like in this case, they will cause a panic buy.

I suggest to adapt to it, as is what I've done and many others. Treat ammo like the stock market, buy low so you can shoot when high. After this round of panic subsides and prices come back down, stock up on whatever it is that you shoot. This way you can weather through the panic cycles.

I think it's a manufactured panic when I get emails every other day from Midway urging me to buy the last of the steel tips, which are remarkably still in stock.

That being said, I am just now getting into the AR game and ordered 420 rounds of XM193 and a few hundred rounds of misc brands right before the SHTF. I wish I'd added a zero to the end of my XM193 order, because I do like the neat stripper clips and cans.

... I wish I'd added a zero to the end of my XM193 order, because I do like the neat stripper clips and cans.

Remember to save your stripper clips after you load your mags with them.

And if you don't abuse the little brass tabs, you can reuse them many times again.

The little metal spoon that comes with the stripper clip/sleeved ammo is okay in a pinch, but this little wizard tool http://www.midwayusa.com/product/135799 is the best thing since sliced bread, especially when it goes on sale for less than regular price. I've seen it as low as $19

Don't let things drive you nuts.  Send money to advocacy organizations and let them fight for you.  They are doing a good job.  Way better than the job they were doing 20 years ago when they were a joke and laws were getting passed left and right.  Enjoy your time at the range.

Remember to save your stripper clips after you load your mags with them.

And if you don't abuse the little brass tabs, you can reuse them many times again.

The little metal spoon that comes with the stripper clip/sleeved ammo is okay in a pinch, but this little wizard tool http://www.midwayusa.com/product/135799 is the best thing since sliced bread, especially when it goes on sale for less than regular price. I've seen it as low as $19

I bought one of those loaders as well as the standard Lula loader. It's awesome.

I've gotten all the toys. Now all I'm missing is the rifle. Sitting at the gunsmith as we speak being Jersey neutered.

I've been saying that I am going to stock up like no other this Summer.

I doubt prices will be down or full availability back by then. It seems to take about a year to start dropping and then another year to get back to normal. I can't predict the future, but that's roughly what happened the last two times. A little longer for 2008, a few months faster for 2012 perhaps.