Sign in to follow this  
MartyZ

To sell or not to sell

I am somewhat torn whether or not to sell my 96A1. I am not crazy about the .40, maybe because i can't shoot it well, i am much better with a .45 and am considering selling the 96A1 and getting a USP45 Tactical (i already have a USP45). But for some weird reason i can't bring myself to sell it, i don't know why.

I understand your feelings regarding the 96A1. I  bought one about 1.5 years ago and I seem to have "fallen out of love" with the gun. But I can't explain why! I shoot it as well as any of my other pistols, never had any malfunctions with it and I still think it is a sexy looking pistol and is mechanically interesting.  It ain't the .40 caliber...I absolutely love my Sig P229 and shoot the Sig 10X more then the Beretta. When its time to go to the range, the 96A1 almost never makes it into my range bag.

The only reason I have sold any firearms was temporary money necessity - and I have regretted each one since.

Unless you really really hate something you bought, or really need the money, it's my opinion to never sell them, just buy a new whatever you want.

I have only sold a few of my many purchases but miss each one in their own way.

I have been looking to sell my M&P40c recently, was bored with it, and was looking to raise funds to buy a range gun.... But after failing to find a suitable buyer and price, I brought it today to Howell Gun Works to get it Cerakoted. Hopefully the new look will help out with my bordum.

I am going to point out the obvious here but if the thought of selling it pains you then don't do it. Many guys have sold one gun to buy another and live to regret it.

If you want a new toy just save up the coin to buy it, live frivolously for awhile or pick up a few extra shifts at work so you don't have to sell one to finance a new one.

I have learned from all the old timers that taught me to shoot. everyone of them has at least 1 story about the gun that they sold and regretted it later. So I don't sell any guns I just save up and buy what I want when I can afford it. The only gun I have sold was an AR lower and the only reason I did so is because I already have 2 complete ARs.