Sign in to follow this  
Recon Racoon

Sitting here waiting for my new baby.

So it's been about a month and change since I got my pistol permits. Finally having some extra money laying around (and many discussions in the chat) I went out to buy a handgun.

I didn't feel like going all the way up to bobs in glassboro and the local shop near me is just stupid. I ended up at discount ammo and guns in pilesgrove. After fingering some nice pieces of machinery I made a decision. I finally chose a pistol.

A Springfield xd-9. Comes with the tritium sights pre installed and picking it up for the sum of 579 plus tax and nics.

Now if only the state would get their act together and return my background check...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it's been about a month and change since I got my pistol permits. Finally having some extra money laying around (and many discussions in the chat) I went out to buy a handgun.

I didn't feel like going all the way up to bobs in glassboro and the local shop near me is just stupid. I ended up at discount ammo and guns in pilesgrove. After fingering some nice pieces of machinery I made a decision. I finally chose a pistol.

A Springfield xd-9. Comes with the tritium sights pre installed and picking it up for the sum of 579 plus tax and nics.

Now if only the state would get their act together and return my background check...

Nice! So you know what to do....

:zzthiwwop:

When I got my first permit and FPID ID card, I had sent the paperwork in the first week of November I believe, 09?  And as it happens I had vacation the first week of Jan '10 (I think I worked Fri and Sat the 1st and 2nd and then a week a vacation)- that following Friday I got the call my FPID and permit was in.  I drove right over to pick up my permits, and went out that night to buy my first self-purchased handgun, a Glock 23 from Sportsman's Center (I was totally starry-eyed and happy-nervous, it was hilarious and awesome etc.) -- and I get delayed.  It would happen to me a few times in the future and happened to my Dad a bunch of times, (I am named after him) - we guess there is just someone in the system near our names who had a problem.  I was so dejected , the guy was all, "Ok well we will call you tomorrow if it gets approved, if not next week, if you haven't heard from us by the end of next week call us and we'll explain the situation and process further....."  I tried to explain, I can't believe I am a problem here, I JUST WENT THROUGH the check, my police dept. issued the FPID and permit TODAY!  Well he wasn't impressed, sort of acted like i was probably a bad egg going to be denied, but said I should try tomorrow - call around 1.

Well I was so dejected and upset, I drank myself to sleep but was still up before  the roosters were - and I counted the hours by and finally at like 12:15 afternoon I called them, explained I had been delayed last night, wanted to check etc.  - the kid on the phone says, "Yeah you're golden, come on by ."

I race there, post up at the gun counter, and the old guy is like, "Oh yeah.  They called with your approval literally as you walked out the door.  I figured you'd be in your car by the time I got to you and didn't feel like running after you.  And then I thought about calling you and telling you, on your cellphone, but I figured, ahh... he can wait till tomorrow..."

Excuse you?!

You.  Have.  Got.  To.  Be.  Kidding.  Me.

If I wasn't so giddy to finally have bought my first, self-bought and personally 1001% mine , brand new Glock 23 like my old man carried on the job, I probably would have yelled at the guy, but I just wanted to get out the door with it and go check it out.  But still, really man?  So I know your waiting pain, brother, I know your pain.

I was approved at 4:15! Sent the check in at 1:40. Figured it was because of the snow storm everything was delayed but still, nervous wait to know?

So I got it! 611 otd for tax and nics.

Oh yeah...

Posted Image

Nice man! Don't know what store was the stupid one but another store to check out would be freedom ammo in Mullica Hill/ Mantua. Small inventory but great little shop, the owner Glenn is down to earth, retired chief. Figure since you mentioned glassboro Bobs to mention since it's not to far.

Nice man! Don't know what store was the stupid one but another store to check out would be freedom ammo in Mullica Hill/ Mantua. Small inventory but great little shop, the owner Glenn is down to earth, retired chief. Figure since you mentioned glassboro Bobs to mention since it's not to far.

It's a little place out near salem. Limited inventory, over priced, no compliance work, and spreads misinformation like its no ones business.

Yeah, bobs is a 35 minute drive for me, so when I go it's because they have something I need or I'm in the area. Next time I'm up there I'll check it out.

I was approved at 4:15! Sent the check in at 1:40. Figured it was because of the snow storm everything was delayed but still, nervous wait to know?

So I got it! 611 otd for tax and nics.

Oh yeah...

1e3281c31c9494ff0cb5e5fd30a4bb77.jpg

Congrats man...pretty badass :)

Thanks!

Just got back from delaware and what's a trip to delaware without visiting cabelas?

So I came with 75 dollars worth of 9mm...right now I've got it loaded with Winchester HE jhp, and have three boxes of blazer aluminum cased for blasting when I get a chance at the range.